Co-op—Customer Experience Project Coordinator - Opportunity for Working Remotely
customer experience project coordinator coordinator working remotely vmware team design ux user experience ux design digital web research
November 19, 2022
Washington, Washington DC
- Please note, this is a 6 month co-op opportunity running from January to June 2023 for those currently enrolled in a Bachelor's level degree program and are able to work full-time for the duration of the co-op.
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
This role supports the User Experience (UX) Design team within Global Web and Digital Services (GWDS) which manages digital experiences for VMware's main customer-facing sites.
The UX Design team is a newly established team working to optimize our websites through applying user research findings, improving access to critical information that promotes VMware's products and solutions, and optimizing the overall usability of our sites.
We are a small team of five and wear multiple hats across the UX discipline (research, information architecture, accessibility, and usability).
We're looking for someone creative, organized, and communicative who can support our team in managing multiple design efforts and the many tasks involved across these efforts.
As you join VMware, you will help grow a company that makes meaningful and significant technology solutions and is committed to being a "force for good" in technology. Our mission is to become the trusted foundation for accelerating innovation in an unpredictable world. VMware software is essential for making the applications and devices your family and friends use every day a reality. Which means your work is essential for transforming everywhere.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over these 6 months you will work toward completing?
- Successful project organization and tracking across multiple creative efforts.
- Leveraging project management tools to keep designers on pointe with large-scale and small-scale projects.
- Suggesting ways to improve overall project management across our team.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Tracking web redesign efforts in project management tools such as Trello and Smartsheet.
- Communicating with our UX design team and other partner teams through Slack.
- Supporting our user experience designers and user researchers in complex design and research projects.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
- You will report to the senior manager over the User Experience Design team positioned in Global Web and Digital Services (GWDS).
- GWDS is a division within the overall Global Marketing organization of VMware.
- The UX Design team comprises 4 user experience designers/researchers.
Where is this role located?
Remote: This role is fully remote, allowing you the flexibility to work from the location you feel most productive and comfortable, or the location agreed upon with your hiring manager. You will be expected to live within a number of time zones from your team as defined by your business.
For New York City based candidates the hiring range for this position is typically $24.84- $24.84. The actual offer will be based on the individual candidate. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at
Note to students from outside the US: While any student with a legal right to work in the U.S. may apply for this role, you should be aware that VMware does not sponsor work visas for the entry-level roles these Internships may prepare you for.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : University and Recent Grads
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-11-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at .
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Report this job
Similar user experience designer jobs in washington dc
- user experience designer jobs jobs near me
- project coordinator jobs near me
- MO - UX Designer - Direct Hire [Remote] at Braintrust
- Ux ui designer at Amida Technology Solutions
- UI/UX Designer at Amida Technology Solutions
- Lead User Experience Researcher/UI Designer at Customer Value Partners
- Lead Content Designer [Remote] at Braintrust
- Web and Digital Interface Designer at Broadleaf-inc
- UX Designer (Security Clearance Required) at ManTech