IT Support Specialist
At Wood River Health Services we appreciate the dedication and hard work of our staff. If you are looking for a great work environment with work/life balance and fantastic benefits, this is the place! We are seeking an experienced IT Support Specialist to join our Information Technology team.
Not only do we offer a great work environment, our benefits are fantastic! Packages include a generous paid time off program, PLUS personal days, PLUS paid holidays. We offer health insurance, flexible spending account, life insurance, 403(b) with employer match, work/life balance, tuition assistance, and much more!
The duties of the IT Support Specialist are broad, they must be able to easily understand and translate end user problems into technical language and vice versa. The IT Support Specialist is the first line of technical support, acting as the liaison between the staff and various IT vendors. This position will be responsible for maintaining the reliability and functionality of hardware and software systems by performing minor repairs, upgrades, installs and preventive maintenance as required; the IT Support Specialist also assists with all IT support functions, including but not limited to; troubleshooting, problem solving, maintenance, user education, instructing employees in the proper use of Wood River Health hardware, operating software and applications software. A strong focus of the position will be working with NextGen users to find process improvements within each workflow and provide end user trainings with each release. Additionally, the IT Support Specialist participates in IT special projects and work plans that include testing, roll outs, and implementations. Customer service skills are essential to ensure a positive experience with co-workers. Essential Duties include:
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of Wood River Health computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair.
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of the NextGen EMR, phone, video, and Office 365 applications.
- The IT Support Specialist will be the main point of contact for coworkers that are experiencing computer and networking issues.
- Under the direction of the Information Technology Manager, the IT Support Specialist will train staff, develop and maintain a staff training curriculum, create a structured training scheduled for all new incoming staff.
- Develop trainings for each change or upgrade to the Practice Management system, EHR and EDR.
- Creation and maintenance of EHR forms, documents and training manuals.
- Open and manage support tickets with EHR vender and hosting provider.
- Assist the install, maintenance, and troubleshooting of devices that interface with software.
- Assist with the implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting for interfaces to outside third parties (i.e. laboratories, Department of Health, Integrated health Partners).
- Analyze and resolve/escalate problems encountered by the team during the implementation of all products/system.
- Use case testing of the installed system to ensure basic system integrity and enhanced system workflows.
- Assist the practice with setting parameters and configuration necessary to deliver the functionality needed for the practice.
- Provide on-site, front end systems support, resolving employee issues. Troubleshooting technical and application issues for remote support staff and advising management of workflow issues.
- Analysis issues reported to determine if system issue or training opportunity.
- Test and monitor compliance to established workflows.
- Implementing and supporting application security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data.
- Active member of the EHR Team.
- Enliven and support the mission, vision and values of WRHS;
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures;
- Performing other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience to equate to a degree in Information Technology or related field required.
- 1-year experience with an EMR system, preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in computer networks and systems maintenance, preferred.
- 2 years’ experience with Nextgen, Crystal Reports and SQL, preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations.
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience.
- Must be a self-starter who is able to multi-task and work independently.
- Attends trainings and conferences as needed.
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality, required.
Please note, effective October 1, 2021, all employees of RI licensed health care facilities must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Employees may be deemed exempt from this requirement based on documentation from their health care provider.
Wood River Health Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, age, disability status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are actively seeking a diverse array of candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $46,800.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location