Senior Fire Engineer - National Operations Center (NOC) - Remote (US)
The selected candidate for this opportunity can sit anywhere within the United States.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position creates unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements for commercial building fire alarm systems in new and existing facilities. The right candidate will make recommendations for productivity improvements and cost reductions to increase customer satisfaction and job profitability.
Join our team! Recognized as one of the world's largest and best-known companies in 2022 by:
- Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
- Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
- Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
- Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
- Choose the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost-effective solution.
- Prepare submittals and schedules; handle the ordering of products and equipment.
- Participate in sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- Design fire alarm systems for buildings, including floorplan drawings for system device locations, riser diagrams, device wiring details, panel mounting and wiring details, bills of materials, and sequences of operations to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Provide general electrical calculations, including battery calculations, voltage drop calculations, conduit fills, power supply sizing, etc.
- Prepare engineering re-estimates and follow up with appropriate sales and management to ensure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
- Follow up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications, and schematics will meet customer needs.
- Provide start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager for use in commissioning and validation.
- Perform quality assurance; peer-review engineering documents.
- Mentor, train, and direct the design activities of the engineering team.
- Minimum high school diploma / GED; bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years of fire system design experience
- NICET III Fire Alarm Certification required
- EIT, ASHRE, or CISSP certifications are a plus
- Knowledge of the following fire alarm system components: fire alarm panels, strobe booster panels, spot detectors (smoke, heat, carbon monoxide), duct-mounted smoke detectors, projected beam smoke detectors, aspirating smoke detectors (VESDA), monitor modules, relay modules (form A and form C), manual pull stations, notification devices (speaker/strobes, horn/strobes, strobes, bells), Class A/Class B/Class X circuits, state and local fire codes, and NFPA 72 national fire code
- Ability to read and interpret electrical circuit diagrams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
nicet nfpa design engineering fire alarm life safety eit ashre cissp n3 fas wbs nfpa72 autocad visio computer aided design drafting
#RSS #LI-ME1 #nocdesign
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Similar principal engineer jobs in clearwater fl
- principal engineer jobs jobs near me
- engineer jobs near me
- Principal Engineer at Bausch & Lomb
- Principal Castings Engineer at Honeywell
- Remote Principal Software Engineer(Data Path) at Michael Page International Inc
- Sign-On Bonus- Principal Mechanical Engineer - Gears Analysis at Honeywell
- Principal Optical Engineer at Bausch & Lomb
- Senior Embedded Software Engineer at Jobot
- Senior Advanced Project Engineer - Electronic Solutions at Honeywell