Senior Scala Software Engineer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Join our Personalization Team as a Senior Scala Engineer. Our team works on solving recommendations, ranking, user condition predictions, and search problems. We are KPIs driven team that leverages machine learning to provide a personalized experience. On this team, you will work with brilliant data scientists and engineers to build end-to-end solutions to meet product needs. We are also very passionate about our engineering excellence and pride ourselves on releasing solid solutions to production. We leverage state-of-the-art machine learning and strive for low latency solutions.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Architect and build scalable systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Develop APIs and web microservices
- Integrate third-party APIs, and the ability to understand them in several formats
- Write backend code using Scala
- Explain, Socialize and Vet designs internal and external, stakeholders
- Identify, design, and lead resolution areas for technical maturation across Personalization code base
- Develop software using state of art engineering excellence practices and refine them
- Write production quality code, review code, build production pipelines, and identify and fix any production issues
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of real industry experience in Backend software development
- 2+ years of coding experience with Scala
- 2+ years of commercial experience with distributed, high-performance systems
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based services and hosting (AWS and/or Azure)
- 1+ years of experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and caching
- 1+ years of experience with recommendations, predictions, personalization and machine learning, A/B testing, Spark, Kafka, and MongoDB
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Similar engineer senior jobs in sacramento ca
- engineer senior jobs jobs near me
- software engineer jobs near me
- Remote Senior Software Support Engineer at First American Financial Corporation
- Senior Civil Engineer *Revised at County of Sacramento
- Senior Process Controls Engineer at Automationtechies
- Senior Transmission Line Engineer at Leidos
- Mechanical Engineer - Senior at Siemens
- Senior Geotechnical Engineer at Terracon Consultants, Inc.
- Senior Mechanical Engineer at Mazzetti, INC.