Remote C++ Developer- Vectorized Execution Engines
We build & run cloud-native, distributed relational databases, offering scale-out functionality on a cloud agnostic platform. We are not a startup, but a mature tech company with over a decade of building databases for some of the most prominent companies in the world. Right now, we're looking for database specialists who can work in C or C++. Specifically we're in the process of switching to a vectorized search engine, and we can hire developers *at any level of experience*, from fresh out of academia with relevant DB experience such as query optimization, to a developer, to an architect. We're looking for someone to help take our query engine to the next level.
This job can be 100% remote, but we're looking to hire someone in the East Coast time zone.
- Be our SME for query execution or optimization problems
- Serve as an SME for the future development of our SQL engine
- Architect, design and develop features in the query engine
- Apply cutting-edge research in the field of databases to practical problems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- Strong database internals or kernel experience, whether that's parsing, query optimization, or execution engines such as 'volcano', LLVM or vectorized
- Strong ability to code in C++ or C
- Strong skills in data structures, algorithms, and software design/architecture