Senior Project Manager
Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations at the Evotec Branford, CT, location, the Senior Project Manager, will be responsible for leading the Project Management team and coordinating efforts across functions to satisfy client and business needs.
- Direct projects within the Sample Management (SM) group with the support of Project Management and other cross-functional team members. Decide upon plans for timelines, budget, procedures, staffing requirements, and resources for SM projects
- Manage the project management team to ensure that projects progress appropriately and complete on time while meeting revenue, margin and budget targets.
- Coordinate the project and operations teams to streamline standard support of client accounts including the onboarding process, setup and maintenance of tracking sheets, and generation of monthly invoices with input from multiple stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing, organizing and maintaining all necessary project timelines, status reports, and proper documentation with the project management team
- Act as a liasion for external clients with colleagues and clients at all levels. Respond to customer inquiries. Answer and redirect client communications and take action where necessary
- Work closely with senior management and Finance to track and report project revenue, expenses, and gross margin.
- Communicate status updates of client projects/accounts, issues, plans and meetings while maintaining client contact commensurate with needs; arrange policy meetings with clients at suitable intervals
- Produce e-mails, letters, presentations, spreadsheets, agendas and minutes when necessary
- Participate in planning for Evotec SM growth, identify Sample Management best practices and end user needs, disaster recovery planning, and Quality Management Plan implementation.
- Work closely with Business Development to generate new business by meeting with and preparing proposals for potential new customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated record of achievement in project management with experience in life sciences, drug discovery or related field. Prior experience in Sample Management is a significant plus
- Team player who consistently uses independent judgment and creativity in resolving issues; demonstrates excellent communication, analytical, negotiation, organization, and interpersonal skills; works well independently; ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Training and experience managing external contracts
- Prior experience in project coordination or management on federal contracts, subcontracts, procurement, compliance, or proposal development a plus
- Experience in purchasing, cost accounting, or financial analysis
- Self-motivated, independent, co-operative, reliable, enthusiastic and strong work ethic
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively in multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced, high energy environment, as well as the capability of working independently using own initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint
- The ability to work accurately and with attention to detail
- Excellent written and negotiation skills
- Comfort with occasional travel, both nationally and internationally
Education and Experience:
- 5-10 years proven account and/or project management experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical or science industry, and in a client-facing capacity
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Evotec is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, age, disability, genetic information, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.