Director of Sales/Western Region North America Higher Ed - Remote
When you join Turnitin, youll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, Ouriginal and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Germany, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Sweden, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and lets make change together.
Our mission comes first. We are committed to ensuring academic integrity in global education and meaningfully improving learning outcomes for all students, whether our team does it from their home office, kitchen, patio or the office is of little consequence.
Operating in over 140 countries around the world, it is fitting that one of our values is Global Mindset'. This means that we respect local cultures, embrace diversity, and we respect personal choice. We know that 2% of our workforce favors being in the office full-time; 13% prefer to be in the office 3-4 days a week; 34% prefer 1-2 days a week in the office and 51% desire to be fully remote. This is why working remotely is our default. At the same time, we balance the needs and desires of some employees and have safely re-opened several of our offices to allow them to work there full or part-time.
At Turnitin, we are prepared for the future of work and that means reimagining how we collaborate, sync up across time zones and finding the best ways to support our team members to do their best work.
Our remote-first culture allows for every single employee to get the same access to learning and career opportunities, and it enables us to think differently about where and how we recruit talent of diverse and ethnic backgrounds.
Turnitin is seeking a high energy and driven Director of Sales - Higher Education to drive sales to new logos and cross sell into our existing customer base, with a portfolio of Integrity and Assessment and Certification SaaS solutions and services for the Western Region of North America. The Director of Sales will be responsible for driving revenue growth across the business and meeting sales targets set by the Regional Vice President and the central leadership team. This person will directly impact the growth and profitability of the organization.
This role will work closely with all departments of the organization to develop sales and marketing strategies, and will report directly to the Regional Vice President of Western North America Higher Education. The Sales Director will serve on the senior leadership team and work with peers to establish the strategy and direction of the organization, and lead the Sales team to coach and guide them to execute against company strategy.
Strategy, Vision, and Leadership
- Work with the RVP, CRO and other Executive leadership to strategize new sales opportunities and risks for the organization, including identification of competitive solutions, opportunities for new markets and/or features, and assessment of marketplace challenges to the business success.
- Focus on new sales strategies, innovation, market penetration, and pipeline development to achieve our ambitious revenue and growth goals.
- Communicate the company's sales strategy to Higher Education C level stakeholders, senior management, and staff as needed.
- Lead, inspire, manage and mentor the Account Executive (new sales) team members to develop a strong pipeline, supported by Sales Development (SDR) team members reporting to you, to achieve the year´s ambitious sales goals, grow our market penetration and create pipeline for the outlying year(s).
- Establish KPIs to measure effectiveness of the team providing visibility and understanding of sales pipeline, pipeline conversion rates, needs assessment, sales process and stakeholder CRM documentation, etc.
- Collaborate with RVP to develop, track, and control annual operating budgets to include travel and labor costs.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all New Sales Account Executives in compliance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements
- Team with the heads of Customer Success (retention) and Customer Onboarding (tech implementation and training) to refine the process to transition customers from contract stage to shorten the time to value realization by achieving implementation and training timeline goals and generate cross-sell opportunities.
- Work with the Product team to identify customer pain points and requested features, and ensure product knowledge transfer between Product, Product Marketing and Sales teams.
- Collaborate with the Legal team execute contracts between the organization and the customer
- Partner with the Field Marketing team to create and drive marketing specific campaigns and events to generate high quality sales leads.
- Own and manage sales targets; develop and execute strategies to exceed annual sales targets.
- Analyze sales metrics and CRM database to run forecasts on team performance and manage up to keep leadership updated.
- Analyze market potential to drive new business and cross-sell opportunities.
- Remove obstacles for the Sales team to ensure contracts close in a timely manner.
- Maximize sales teams' effort through coaching, training, and managing each stage of the sales process.
- Provide onsite and virtual support to sales' efforts to accelerate conversion and close rates.
- Represent Turnitin at conferences/trade shows and intra university events to present our portfolio and roadmap value proposition,earn trust and create additional sales opportunities.
- Travel when needed to meet key prospect and client stakeholders to help close contracts and accelerate closure rates.
- 7 to 10+ years successfully managing a sales team of 8 or more account executives with proven history or team quota achievement.
- Management experience in leading SDRs is a plus.
- Sales experience in educational technology and preferable assessment cloud solutions in higher education.
- Positive attitude and influencer story teller (internally to the team and to customers/prospects) .
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including superb written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to drive sales excellence and able to be a customer and product advocate within the organization
- Experience partnering with Marketing team members (branding and field) to strategize campaigns, events and other efforts to achieve our ambitious growth goals
- Experience partnering with the Support and Training teams to achieve customer success
- Experience using CRMs, preferably Salesforce
- Experience promoting a win-win relationship with the retention and expansion sales team colleagues.
- MBA a plus.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other's successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it's unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you're willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.