REMOTE Senior Financial Analyst
Our client in Edgewood, MD seeks a motivated, detail-oriented Senior Financial Analyst.
Duties & Responsibilities
Forecasting and Reporting
To provide ongoing analytical financial support to the Program Manager to facilitate the preparation of financials, to support detailed program reviews and identify key areas of risk and/or opportunity. In addition, to ensure the program financials are appropriately accounted for. This will involve:
- Attending program kickoff meeting, setting up program in SAP and generating WBS structure
- Create project cost accumulation methods in accordance with the contract based on an understanding of the implications of the contract and program. Understanding direct and indirect rate application for multiple contract types (FFP, FPI, CPFF, CPIF and T&M) and providing guidance to the programs team regarding impacts.
- Reviewing all cost elements charged to assigned programs to gain comfort that the amounts are reasonable and accurate. Analyzing cost and rate application and ensure that projects are being accounted for properly.
- To compare program actual costs to bid / budget costs highlighting variances and propose suggestions for recovery where applicable.
- Working with Make-To-Order (MTO) and Make-To-Stock (MTS) programs and understanding the accounting treatments within the SAP system.
- To work with assigned Program Managers to document contract performance to date, monthly ETC and EAC projections and providing forecast inputs of revenue and gross margin per project.
- Preparing invoices in accordance with government contracts and FAR requirements.
- To monitor cumulative billings against contract value and highlight programs that are approaching contract ceilings.
- Presenting financial results in the monthly program management reviews.
Bids and Proposals
- Supporting the bid and proposal process for both government and commercial proposals by reviewing the solicitation and determining the financial structure of the bid and raising any financial risks that may be present.
- Inputting raw cost data and applying burdens to calculate prices that will be supplied to the government in response to proposal requests.
- Managing and verifying accuracy of the financial data in proposals, completing ah-hoc scenarios.
- Presenting financial data during Gate review meetings.
- Populating cost volumes and customer submission files.
- Assist the Program Finance Manager with preparing and reviewing deliverables, training new hires and establishing best practices/procedures.
- Must comply with all applicable U.S. export and security regulations.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP systems required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel).
- Strong experience working with Microsoft Excel (including advanced formulas and functions).
- Ability to multitask and accustomed to meeting deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Results Oriented and organized
- Analytical and self-motivated
- High level of focus and attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 8+ Years of finance or related corporate experience in a manufacturing environment
- MBA preferred
- Previous SAP experience an asset
- Process improvement experience strongly preferred
- Earned Value Management System (EVMS) experience a plus
- PMP preferred
Similar principal financial analyst jobs in mesquite tx
- principal financial analyst jobs jobs near me
- financial analyst jobs near me
- Senior Financial Analyst at Addus HomeCare
- Principal Financial Analyst at Capital One - US
- Client Profitability Financial Analyst Senior - Hybrid at Acosta
- Senior Financial Analyst/Finance Manager - Remote at Nintex
- Principal Financial Analyst (Dallas, TX) at Capital One
- Lead Financial Analyst at AT&T
- Senior Financial Analyst (contract) at Robert Half