Senior Civil Engineer
Akana, a Native American-owned multi-discipline consulting firm with a diverse portfolio of clients and projects throughout the United States, is seeking to add a Senior Civil Engineer to join our team
The Senior Civil Engineer will work directly in conjunction with other senior members of other Akana disciplines to secure clients and projects benefiting the whole firm. Use their curiosity to solve problems, have talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Knowledge and experience in the local civil engineering market and a desire to enhance Akana’s existing market visibility and business development potential- an established client base in the Pacific Northwest is beneficial
- Project management skills suitable for leading a project and/ or directing a project team
- Experience collaborating with other internal team members (e.g., landscape architects, structural engineers, architects) and external consultants for preparation of design documents.
- Focused experience in the site development is preferred
- CAD and Civil 3D proficiency.
- Clearly define project scope and can forecast level of effort needed to complete that scope. Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to Principal-In-Charge
- Able to review and evaluate construction documents for accuracy and full compliance with client design standards, company standards, and all local jurisdiction code requirements.