Chief / Principal Architect
Eaton Corporation Tallahassee, Florida
chief digital software team technical power management management architectural remote design tools software solutions leadership
November 19, 2022
- As an intelligent power management company, Eaton is fully engaged in our digital transformation ( to improve our internal business processes and to reach and serve our customers better and provide them with new value.
- We are reshaping the way we think and work - leveraging digital tools and technologies to accelerate our transformation and instilling a digital mindset from the ground up.
- We are eager and open to new ways of thinking, and we need your creativity, innovative ideas and expertise.
- We believe that diversity of thought, cultures and backgrounds is what contributes to our success.
- If you want to help shape the digital future of Eaton, join our team and make a real impact.
- Eaton's Corporate Digital Office (EDO), Industrial Software Solutions Team, is currently seeking a Chief/Principal Architect to join our team.
- This position is based at our Moon Township, PA location.
- If residing outside 50 miles of this posted location, remote work is available.
- Position Overview: There is no better time to join Eaton than in this exciting era of power management.
- We're reimagining innovation by adapting digital technologies - connected devices, data models and insights - to transform power management for safer and more sustainable and efficient power use.
- Our teams are collaborating to build the best digital solutions for our customers.
- We are looking for digital talent who want to help set the direction for this digital transformation and create new ways of working and thinking, for ourselves and our customers.
- Eatons Corporation's Digital Office (EDO) has an opening in the Industrial Software Solutions team, who is passionate about designing, developing, and supporting best in class software applications for the monitoring markets.
- Eaton is accelerating its cloud based digital offerings.
- In this role, we are looking for a talented, experienced, and visionary individual who will be part of our architectural leadership team within our Brightlayer digital platform responsible for setting the strategic technical direction and defining the principles that shape our software development and technology adoption practices.
- As a leader in the software engineering organization, you will be responsible for building a culture that inspires technical experimentation and empowers our development teams to make sound technical and architectural decisions.
- Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world.
- We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
- It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
- In this function you will: + Perform architectural analysis and design for systems spanning the software products portfolio.
- + Manage complex projects/programs involving multiple components for completeness, compatibility, and compliance.
- + Assess trade-offs between business needs, technology requirements, cost, and risk.
- + Partner with various business stakeholders and technology leaders to develop strategy, direction and lead the team to translate into technical solutions to drive business results / improvements in the division + Document and communicate designs, estimates, and implementation plans to program stakeholders.
- + Collaborate with other members of architects, developers, and technical leads, to evaluate solutions and gain consensus on technical direction.
- + Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies and vendor solutions.
- + Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and application architecture to provide solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy.
- + Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices.
- + Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions + Coach and mentor team members, assisting them in technical and process areas Why work at Eaton?
- We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being.
- Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Qualifications Required (Basic) Qualifications: + Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited instituion.
- Net Core libraries and Frameworks + Hands-on experience in Microsoft technologies - ASP.NET Core, Web API,.
- NET Core 3+, C# + scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems.
- The annual salary range for this role is $129,440 - $177,980 a year.
- At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families.
- In addition to a competitive base salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits.
- Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits at a Glance.
- ( Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws.
- To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412
- Eaton.com What you will get from usEaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services.
- We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably.
- We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day.
- Eaton's 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries.
- We have approximately 85,000 employees.
- We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters.
- Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed.
- We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background.
- In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups.
- When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
- We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
- We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning.
- We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
- We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees.
- Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Job: Engineering Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico Organization: Electrical Sector Job Level: Individual Contributor Schedule: Full-time Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?
- : Yes - Remote Does this position offer relocation?
- : No Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- perl, programming, project architect, senior software engineer, software architect
Report this job