Senior Principal Software Engineer, Customer Engineering And Services - Remote
About The Team
As a Senior Principal Engineer in the Customer Engineering and Services (CES) organization, you will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering and will help set the technical strategy and guide architecture decisions across the organization. The CES organization includes the core shopping experience (home page, search, listing pages), the Zillow mobile apps, the growth teams (acquisition, retention, reengagement), Trulia website and apps, and our new seller and cash backed offers products. It is a broad area of ownership that reaches millions of daily users.
About The Role
You will have a key role in helping Zillow design and build cross company platforms so we can radically transform the real estate experience for our customers. You will work closely with senior leaders and principal engineers across the CES organization to help guide our architecture and technical strategy. You will mentor engineering leaders and lead our CES engineering architecture group to set the direction for how we build and evolve our platforms. You will help us build and evolve high scale distributed services, and work across teams to understand and resolve sophisticated issues. You will provide a key role in helping continue to improve our engineering excellence.
You will also be part of the broader Zillow Group engineering architecture group which will help set a broader technical strategy for all of Zillow Group. You will be a critical technical voice for the senior leadership team.
In this role you will have an opportunity to make a huge impact on the engineering excellence and operational excellence of the company, helping us transform how real estate is bought and sold.
- Define and deliver long-term technical strategy for CES organization leading the CES enterprise architecture group
- Work with teams and technical leaders across the organization to understand architecture and align strategy/vision on shared platforms
- Mentor and develop principal and senior technical leaders across the organization
- Help set operational excellence standards and best practices
- Communicate strategy, roadmap, and decisions to senior leadership
- Champion improvements in the quality and stability of service fundamentals and promote engineering best practices
- Help the team shorten our development cycles while maintaining high quality
- Demonstrate strong customer empathy, curiosity, willingness to question and learn, ability to collaborate across teams, and ability to align stakeholders
- Partner with senior Product leadership to align engineering capability to business strategy
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. Remote employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $211,000.00 - $337,000.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.
Who You Are
You are a technical leader who has the ability to set an inspiring vision and strategy, collaborate with partners, mentor other technical leaders, and improve the architecture and technical excellence of an organization
- 10+ years of experience building and shipping production grade software or services
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Experience setting architecture vision and strategy for an organization
- Experience in developing highly available services at Internet scale
- Ability to collaborate across teams and leaders, indirectly influence others in a positive way, and navigate difficult conversations and decisions
- Strong communication skills to interact with audiences that include customers, peers and executive leadership
- Have experience and passion for mentoring and guiding engineers, helping develop and grow technical leaders
- Inspiring leader who can create and communicate a vision or plan
- A strategic thinker with a customer focus and product understanding. Someone who can help make tough trade-off decisions with the long term view of our customers in mind.
- 5+ years of experience building distributed services
Similar engineer senior jobs in spring tx
- engineer senior jobs jobs near me
- engineering jobs near me
- Senior Operating Engineer at JLL
- Senior Drilling Engineer - Spring, TX at Southwestern Energy Company
- Senior Transmission Engineer at Dashiell
- Senior Process Safety Engineer at Hargrove Controls & Automation
- Lead R&D Hardware Engineer (Senior - Advisor) at Halliburton
- Senior Software Engineer .NET REMOTE at CyberCoders
- Senior Application Engineer at Chevron