Principal Engineer, Signal Integrity
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all and our dedication to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and patience while supporting our global community.
- The Signal Integrity Research and Development (SI R&D) team supports all of Micron’s current and future product developments.
- Major product technologies developed at Micron include DRAM, LPDRAM, Graphics DRAM, NAND, HBM, HMC, 3DXP, Managed NAND and SSDs within the consumer, server, mobile, networking, graphics, automobile and embedded businesses.
- The SI R&D works on analysis of end to end systems solutions including but not limited to circuit level, integrated circuit (IC) packages, printed circuit boards (PCBs) and measurements to ensure good Signal Integrity (SI) and power integrity (PI) performance for Micron’s memory solutions.
- The team owns all steps of the signal and power integrity analysis process including die, package and system model generation, product performance analysis, system-level SI evaluation, measurement, correlation, and customer support.
- The team also supports future specification development within several industry standards groups including but not limited to JEDEC, ONFI, and IBIS. The group working environment is technically challenging, team-oriented, collaborative and customer-centric.
Within the larger SI R&D group, as a Principal Signal Integrity Engineer at Micron, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the design and analysis of high speed (HS) memory interfaces and power distribution networks (PDN).
- Strong understanding of DDR5 PMICs, spec. definition, electrical modeling, simulation analysis and optimization for given current workloads.
- Leading out in SI/PI development across a broad range of Micron’s portfolio to ensure product electrical performance through modeling, simulation, analysis, and correlation to measurement for the various products.
- Representing the SI R&D team in technical cross-functional collaborative groups, and integrating with package design, silicon design, system design, product engineering, and marketing departments to ensure overall product performance.
- Driving and development of SI/PI aspects of future standards (including but not limited to JEDEC, ONFI, and IBIS) through system and product electrical capability exploration.
- Supporting external customer as needed
- Developing methodologies and processes for SI/PI analysis
- Supporting (and in some cases driving) path-finding activities for IO and channel innovation to enable next generation of memory technologies at higher speeds and densities
- PhD or MSEE and with at least 10 years of industry experience
- Deep experience in Signal and Power Integrity Background, particularly in areas that affect I/O circuit signaling performance, PMICs, current workloads, PI performance & optimization and Experience with equalization schemes for IO circuits
- Required courses covering electromagnetic, transmission line and RF theory, analog design or similar fields of study or experience
- Experience with, and working knowledge of E.M. field solvers (quasi-static and full wave), time and frequency domain simulation tools like Q3D, SIWAVE, HFSS, HSPICE, ADS, etc.
- Deep understanding of electromagnetic and transmission line theory, general I/O design, signal integrity, differential and single-ended interface technologies
- Deep understanding of timing budgets and jitter analysis
- Expertise in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout or electrical package design techniques
- Experience in design and analysis of high-speed single-ended or differential buses
- Familiarity with, and fundamental understanding of lab measurement equipment like Oscilloscopes, TDR, Vector Network Analyzer (VNA), etc.
- Familiarity with peak distortion analysis, statistical analysis (DOE) and equivalent tools (example: JMP) is also beneficial
- Memory industry experience is desired
- Ambitious candidate should enjoy leading and taking ownership of assigned projects, exhibit good written and verbal interpersonal skills, and have the ability to work well in a team with varied strengths
- Understanding of AI/ML is desired
Successful candidates for this position will be:
- Pro-active – Candidate will be expected to identify gaps and opportunities and address them with minimal supervision.
- Visionary – Candidate will be expected to think “outside-the-box” and yet offer innovative solutions within a set of practical constraints.
- Communicator – Candidate should be able to clearly convey necessary details of complex issues and corresponding solutions in both written and verbal formats.
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at [email protected] or 1-800-336-8918
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
Similar principal engineer jobs in arizona
- principal engineer jobs jobs near me
- principal jobs near me
- Principal Engineer at Intel
- Principal Engineer at HCLTech
- Principal Engineer, Reliability*$30k Minimum Sign On Bonus* ONSITE at BU_MD, Raytheon Technologies
- **Minimum $40 Sign-On Bonus** GPS Subsystem Senior Principal Engineer at Raytheon Missiles & Defense
- Principal Engineer at Intel
- Principal/Sr Principal Engineer Propulsion at Northrop Grumman
- Sr. Principal Engineer - Post-Silicon Validation at arm