Threat Intelligence Services Engineer (Remote)
threat threat intelligence engineer remote team security technical threat solution threat intelligence operations management engineering
November 4, 2022
- This position is a remote role that can be located in a US-based home office.
ThreatQuotient understands that the foundation of intelligence-driven security is people. The company's open and extensible threat intelligence platform, ThreatQ , and cybersecurity situation room solution, ThreatQ Investigations, empower security teams with the context, customization, and prioritization needed to make better decisions, accelerate detection and response, and advance team collaboration. Leading global companies use ThreatQuotient solutions as the cornerstone of their security operations and threat management system. ThreatQuotient is headquartered in Northern Virginia with an Engineering office in Mt. Airy, Maryland, and European operations based out of the UK and France. TQ is led by experienced security professionals from Sourcefire, iSight, and General Dynamics and has as its' principal investor New Enterprise Associates (NEA). For more information, visit .
ThreatQuotient is looking to hire a core member of the Threat Intelligence Services team - a serious blend between developer and cyber expertise. This person will need the experience to know what needs to get done, how to make it happen, and the chops to quickly roll up their sleeves and prototype the solution. Additionally, the team member will need to have (or develop) a confident presence in front of clients to perform technical consulting and training activities. Being a member of the TIS team requires the passion and motivation to solve challenging technical problems. TIS Team Members are routinely involved in all aspects of product development lifecycle from concept and information gathering to prototyping and deployment.
Essential Job Functions
- Strong technical depth across development languages (especially Python) and cyber security technology areas - depth in several areas, and breadth and interest across a much larger range
- Utilize the ThreatQ API to create integrations with third-party products
- Develop proof of concept code for new features. Rapid prototyping
- Develop specifications for new product features
- Provide guidance on technical architecture and strategy
- Assist product management team in planning
- Collaborate with engineering team and provide guidance on developing solutions
- Assist in software development as needed
- Research and development of product ideas
- Develop apps and tools outside of main product development
- Externally facing customer interactions (onsite when necessary). Requirements gathering.
- Quick response bug fixing
Education And Experience Requirements
- BS in Computers Science or related field preferred
- 3+ years related experience
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Strong software development and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of network security tools (firewalls, SIEMs, IDS/IPS, web-proxy, etc.)
- Fluency in scripting
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and drive to a solution with minimal direction
Preferred Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Autonomy And Independent Judgment
Work is highly complex and broad in scope covering one or more complicated areas. Policy, procedure, or precedents are typically created by this position. A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required to devise new, non-standard approaches to highly intricate, technically complex problems. Independent judgment is required to recommend departmental or organization objectives, evaluate new approaches to problem solving, and assess changing facts or conditions.
ThreatQuotient, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, nor will tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin, or handicap or disability.
Report this job
Similar solutions engineer jobs in virginia
- solutions engineer jobs jobs near me
- engineer jobs near me
- Cloud Solutions Engineer - Endpoint Management at Input Technology Solutions
- Customer Solutions Engineer at Bigbear.Ai
- Monitoring Solutions Engineer, Senior at Freddie Mac
- Lead Cloud Solutions Engineer - Data Engineering at Humana
- Salesforce Solution Engineer at Booz Allen Hamilton
- Senior Level Cloud Solutions Architect/Engineer at Peraton
- Solution Engineer (Lynnhaven Mall R614) at Apple