Senior Category Merchant - Janitorial Paper (Hybrid remote/office)
Staples is business to business. You're what binds us together.
Our merchandising team aims to deliver the best value and selection to our customers through products, services and solutions all centered around our customers' needs. We are driven by customer insights and analytics to bring products and solutions to market seamlessly. We are inclusive, well-rounded professionals who have deep experience in buying, selling, negotiating, operations, design, innovation, finance and more.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop deep understanding of customer needs and shopping behavior as well as upcoming trends and brands in the marketplace.
- Cross functionally collaborate with all Business Units to understand their unique customer needs and deliver an assortment and cost structure that meets those needs
- Responsible for the P&L for assigned product categories
- Develop strategies and execution plans across Business Units including Staples Business Advantage Inside and Outside Sales teams
- Manages category programs with all vendors. Responsible for delivering and tracking all vendor revenue and working with all business units and cross- functional partners to ensure program elements are executed upon.
- Responsible for selecting items and vendors. With leadership support negotiate with vendors for lower total delivered cost, volume incentives, rebates, advertising and other applicable allowances.
- Drive joint business planning meetings with top vendors in categories to drive strong partnerships and growth.
- Gather and analyze data to showcase trends in the market to determine customer buying patterns.
- Improve supply chain efficiencies, including improved inventory turns, reduction in customer returns rate, improved order fill rate, effective selling strategies to reduce end of life inventory challenges.
What you bring to the table:
- Advanced negotiation skills and proven ability to lead in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across the organization and with vendors
- Expert knowledge of industry trends, competition, assortment planning, customer buying patterns, inventory management, logistics and marketing techniques
- Strong business acumen; proficient in understanding analytics and other measurement tools required for targeted actions, plan modifications, and sustainable results
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Assortment planning
What's needed- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum six years of related experience
What's needed- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in Business to Business Merchandising or related Product Management, Brand Management, Merchandising function supporting a sales organization
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
Similar management office jobs in georgia
- management office jobs jobs near me
- category merchant jobs near me
- Project Management Office Director at Sterling Bank Services. Banking and Facilities Services
- Administrative Assistant II at ABB
- Office Administrator at Metro Diner
- Office Engineer (Hybrid-remote) at STV
- Associate Project Manager - Power Delivery at Leidos
- Administrative Assistant, Senior at Emory University
- GFB Management Solutions Secretary - Evans Co (part time) at Georgia Farm Bureau