Senior Technology Project Manager - Remote
The primary purpose of this position is to plan, organize and lead one or more enterprise projects implementing best practices for program/project management and leveraging Agile methodologies. Working across multiple divisions with internal and external stakeholders, the Senior Project Manager will own responsibility for the projects overall success(s). The Senior Project Manager will report to a Senior Program Manager who manages a portfolio of complex programs and projects for the Center for Internet Security.
The Center for Internet Security (CIS) makes the connected world a safer place for people, businesses, and governments through our core competencies of collaboration and innovation. We are a community-driven nonprofit responsible for industry leading best practices for securing IT systems and data. We lead a global community of IT professionals to continuously evolve these standards and provide products and services to proactively safeguard against emerging threats.
What Youll Do
- Plan, execute, and monitor projects to achieve the expected project outcomes on time and within cost projections.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders and engineering leads to identify the vision, features, and capabilities and prioritize them into a feasible release plan.
- Deliver high quality project results using stakeholder needs and requirements; expert management judgment; project plans and actual status information (eg, JIRA reports regarding velocity, version reports, burn up/down charts, schedule variance, and control charts); and tracking of projected versus actual cost forecasting, including variance analysis.
- Ensure the team implementing the project understands and is implementing sound project management as well as Agile values and principles.
- Perform ongoing project Risk Management ensuring risks are identified early and that appropriate mitigation actions are taken. Specific expectations include the following: anticipate and manage risks; publish a product team risk register; proactively assess risks for probability and impact; communicate risks/issues to management promptly; and offer creative mitigation solutions.
- Facilitate Agile (eg, Scrum, Kanban) events with the team to plan the project and continuously deliver business value.
- Drive continuous improvement through demonstrations, retrospectives, and analysis of metrics.
- Coordinate, and manage as appropriate, internal resources, strategic stakeholders, and third parties/vendor members for the effective execution of projects.
- Maintain project documentation in appropriate environments.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for program management and Agile methods within CIS.
- Present timely, accurate, and transparent progress reports as well as identify problems and solutions to stakeholders and management.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
What Youll Need
- Bachelors degree in business, information technology, or a related field*
- 7+ years' experience in technical or software development project management, leading large, complex projects
- 4+ years of leading projects as a Project Lead or Scrum Master, applying Agile methods
- Certified as a PMP and CSM or PSM
- Expertise and/or certification in using program management and Agile online tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The position is open to U.S. citizens and requires a favorably adjudicated DHS Fitness Review for Public Trust Positions
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Its a Plus if You Have:
- Masters degree in business or a related field
- Project Management experience in the Cybersecurity field
- Prior experience managing Cloud-based implementations of SaaS products and custom developed business solutions
- Additional advanced Agile project management certifications such as Advanced Scrum Master (A-CSM, PSM II), Advanced Product Owner (A-CSPO, PSPO II), Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master (DASSM), or Disciplined Agile Value Stream Consultant (DAVSC) are a plus
- Experience in strategic planning
.Additional years of relevant experience or a combination of an Associate's degree or equivalent and relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree
Similar project director jobs in boston ma
- project director jobs jobs near me
- technology project manager jobs near me
- Project Director at BlueTeam
- Senior Project Manager - Architect - Lifescience - Boston MA at Michael Page International Inc.
- Construction Project Manager | OPM Firm | Boston, MA at Michael Page
- Project Manager - Luxury Custom Home Builds - Boston at Michael Page International Inc
- Senior Engineering Project Manager at Jacobs Engineering
- Associate Director, Program Management at CRISPR Therapeutics
- Senior Project Manager at CyberCoders