Contact Center Representative (50% hybrid in person/remote work schedule)
Member Services Representative I
The Member Services Representative I (MSR I) serves as the primary point of contact for Member inquiries by telephone utilizing a computerized system. Has a passion for service excellence, and responds to a high volume of calls by providing assistance and information regarding UFCU products and services. Responds to Member requests that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgement, and under direct supervision. The MSR I effectively asks appropriate questions to understand Member needs and effectively communicates information to identify solutions and resolve Member issues. Provides services that are accurate, prompt, and professional to ensure that Members have the best experience possible. This position will require at least 50% in person work at our Headquarters location in Austin and working Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and every other Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
As Austin's largest locally-owned financial institution, University Federal Credit Union is a financial institution owned by, dedicated to, and always working for our Members. Our mission at UFCU is simple: To advance opportunities for quality education, employment, and housing. We're proud to focus on people - not profits. We deliver fair and honest products and outstanding service, and we work collaboratively within our organization as well as our community to help Members achieve their personal and financial goals.
Consistently receiving awards as the Top Credit Union and Top Mortgage Company, Healthiest Employer, Gallup's Exceptional Workplaces, and Best Places for Working Parents, UFCU is proud of its people-first culture. We value our employees as much as our Members. We offer an environment where people care about each other - like family. If you want to love what you do, make an impact in your community, and have the power to help people change their lives - then we're glad you're here.
Essential Functions (What you do)
- Provide an excellent Member experience by:
- Completing requests including but not limited to account inquiries, fund transfers, debit and credit card inquiries and transactions, and assisting with fraud cases are required
- Asking appropriate questions to determine Member needs and identify solutions
- Ensure adherence to defined quality management guidelines for each member interaction
- Work effectively as part of the team in meeting assigned metrics including service level requirements, AUX and hold times, that allow for optimal answering and serving of all
- Work closely with other departments to provide members with solutions that are beyond areas of expertise
- Answer all calls demonstrating strong professional telephone etiquette
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Complete required regulatory Training as assigned.
- Maintain strict adherence and compliance to all laws, rules, regulations and internal controls specific to your role, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and Fair Lending regulations.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (What you know)
- Effective phone communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate excellent teamwork skills and contribute to team success by treating others with respect, courtesy, and displaying a what can I do to help? attitude
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, including navigating between computer applications while speaking with Members on the phone
- Proficient in a Windows environment, with the ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to work independently but with direct supervision as necessary, and exercise judgment, logic, integrity, and initiative
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Competencies (How you behave)
- Building Member Loyalty
- Building Partnerships
- Emotional Intelligence
- Focus on Results
- Decision Making
Experience (What you have done before)
Minimum Requirements (Must have)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year of customer service, call center, or related high-volume call experience
- One (1) year of effectively using multiple computer programs simultaneously
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced, high-volume call center
- Bachelor's Degree may substitute for customer service or call center experience
- Demonstrated timely, consistent job attendance history
- Must be bondable
Preferred Requirements (Nice to have)
- English/Spanish bilingual
- Credit Union experience
- Knowledge of accounting, credit and lending principles
- Knowledge of credit union products and services, policies, procedures, laws and regulations
- Civic Responsibility
- Continuous Improvement
- Customer Focus
- Interdepartmental Cooperation
- Personal Growth
Things You Need to Know Before You Apply
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee, with or without accommodation, in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel
- Use of hands and arms to reach
- Extensive use of the telephone, requiring the ability to effectively listen and accurately explain
- Complex information
- Extensive use of the computer, requiring the specific vision abilities including close vision, distance
- vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires working frequently at UFCU Plaza in Austin, Texas.
- This position may involve periodic stressful conditions
- May occasionally require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours
- Frequent computer uses at a workstation up to two hours at a time
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)