Quality Engineering Manager
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- FanDuel TV — "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports and interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking for an experienced Quality Engineering Manager with a deep understanding of Quality in the Software Development Life Cycle. Quality at FanDuel is a community effort and as an advocate of Quality you will work with various teams to promote best practices and processes that will deliver the best experience for our customers.
You will manage a team of Quality Engineers and Quality Analysts to deliver both features to our customers as well as Testing tools and automation. You will clarify technical requirements, negotiate priorities, and manage test projects. Able to lead a team tasked with directly testing or providing consultation on difficult testing problems as well as building or solving difficult software problems.
You implement a relatively efficient operating model for testing experts to help within adjacent product / service development verticals. You also own the day-to-day management of software delivery of test infrastructure. You help scope development efforts, identify risks, and effectively prioritize deliverables. You make sure your team has adequate time to design the right solutions.
THE GAME PLAN:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- You coordinate Quality Engineers (QEs) and Quality Analysts (QAs) to testing projects across Fantasy product developments.
- Report UAT progress, status, risks, and issues to the Product Team, Project team and other stakeholders.
- You are accountable for the team's structure, operating model, test infrastructure, and strategic direction.
- You set up your team to offer a wide range of risk mitigation techniques that span across pre-production and post-production testing and apply these appropriately.
- You keep abreast across a vertical’s roadmaps, how these breaks down across teams and you find a balance between influencing and soliciting requirements, with Software Engineering managers peers, on best course of action for test strategies.
- You ensure that there are appropriately detailed and concise test plans for large or higher risk development projects.
- You influence appropriately detailed and concise test results artifacts for manual and automated runs.
- You establish structures that enable your team to solve complex problems and deliver a wide range of lean testing infrastructure for development teams to utilize and even contribute to.
- You drive the simplification and optimization of project delivery. You structure efforts to reduce your team's exposure to classic failure models (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood, ineffective team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from the use of third-party technologies, insufficient testing).
- You support the adoption of high-quality engineering practices. You know the level of deferred maintenance for every part of test infrastructure owned by your team.
- Responsible for taking part in the recruitment process identifying the best candidates and providing a great candidate experience.
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A strong technology background delivering or testing software as an individual contributor or manager.
- Communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Demonstrated strong experience in effective test planning and execution.
- Demonstrated strong experience in delivering high quality test infrastructure/harnesses against products or services.
- Able to communicate technical concepts simply and successfully, to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You’ll exhibit best behavior and exemplify our company behaviors.
- Demonstrable strong experience of testing in service-oriented architectures and understanding data flow through such systems.
- You can demonstrate/illustrate an understanding of relatively advanced solution architecture including system design, data design, and data flow.
- Functional knowledge of a development language such as Python, Java or C#.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and how they are applied in software development.
- Proven clear and confident communication skills.
- 2+ years of experience as manager of a Quality or Software delivery team.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Similar quality engineering jobs in atlanta ga
- quality engineering jobs jobs near me
- quality engineering manager jobs near me
- Lead Quality Engineer at QuEST Global
- Lead Quality Engineer at Cognizant
- Quality Engineer - Plastics / Gemba at Impact Solutions
- Quality Engineer II- Kitting Sterilization and Contract Manufacturing at Owens & Minor
- Quality Engineer at The Davis Companies
- Senior Quality Engineer, 3PL Quality (on-site) at BU_PW, Raytheon Technologies
- Quality Engineer-Contract (Traveler) at TRIGO Global Quality Solutions