Peraton is currently looking for a Splunk Systems Administrator to support the National Background Investigation Services (NBIS) - Defense Information System for Security (DISS) application. The qualified applicant will become part of Peraton team working on the Defense Counterintelligence and Security (DCSA), Personnel Security/Assurance (PSA) Sustainment contract.
This position will be 100% remote; however individual must be U.S. Citizen residing within the U.S.
To be considered, candidate must hold a current DoD Top-Secret clearance (based on SSBI investigation)
Must also have Current/Active (IAT Certification or higher) CompTIA Security+. (Please submit active CompTIA Security Certification with Resume.)
As a Splunk Administrator, you will:
- Execute audits, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) or other requests for SPLUNK data within 48 business hours per Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Proficiently manage various components of Splunk, including license management, indexers and search heads, configuration, monitoring, editing shared objects, alerts, tag events on no less than 6 Splunk Servers
- Support Information Assurance (IA) requirements and implement appropriate levels of system security protocols to segregate Non-PII Indexes, monitor for and remediate Personally identifiable information (PII) information incidents.
- Effectively communicate, collaborate and coordinate with internal and external resources to manage across all environments including patching, deployments and other maintenance downtime.
- Manage Log Indexes (application, data service, security service, Mule Application server, WebLogic server, application end user activities, IP Addresses, etc.)
- Manage User Access to ensure appropriate access to appropriate indexes
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to push configuration changes to 23+ Production servers
- Coordinate HA activities across COOP and ensure Splunk indexes have all information irrespective of the production location
- Manage retention policies on all indexes and archival of index data into cold storage
- Conduct analysis related to design, development and integration software and system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution
- Develop integrated system test requirements and strategies
- Support application deployments and support Data Center migrations as needed
- Troubleshoot and diagnose simple to complex problems including resource usage concerns and application degradation
- Participate within high availability and disaster recovery testing
- Use Change Management Systems (CMSs) such as Microsoft Access, ChangeGear and/or ServiceNow
- Implement server and network hardware technologies including network files systems, disk and server-based storage solutions
- Communicate complex ideas in written and verbal forms
- Follow complex checklists and SOPs with little to no assistance
- Effectively manage and meet deadlines within tight schedules and be able to quickly reprioritize tasks without loss of productivity
- BS 8-10, MS 6-8, PhD 3-5
- Top Secret (DoD) Security Clearance with fully adjudicated SSBI
- Splunk Administration Experience (5 years)
- Active Security+ Certification (minimum 6 months from expiration date)
- Splunk Certified Administrator Certification
- Familiar with Unix/Bash or Python scripting and have SQL experience a plus
- Experience mentoring less experienced support staff
- Unix/Bash or Python scripting experience (5 years)
- Experience in server and network hardware technologies (4 years)
- Experience communicating complex, technical concepts including issues and solutions to varied levels including technical partners, government clients, non-technical management and co-contractors.
- Experience participating in the definition of standards and identification of process improvement opportunities for the platforms supported.
- Proficiency with GitLab and Subversion (SVN)
Benefits: At Peraton, our benefits are designed to help keep you at your best, beyond the work you do with us daily. We are fully committed to the growth of our employees. From fully comprehensive medical plans, to tuition reimbursement, tuition assistance, and fertility treatment, we are there to support you all the way.
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.
Salary RangeSalary Minimum: $57,500 Salary Mid: $115,000 Salary Maximum: $143,800 The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Peraton's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Peraton provides a variety of benefits to employees.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.