Director, Data Engineering (Remote- Eligible)
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Director, Data Engineering (Remote- Eligible)
Capital One is seeking a Director of Data Engineering to work in our Enterprise Data organization. This individual will be accountable to drive a cohesive data strategy across Enterprise Data in collaboration with multiple enterprise partners. This role will build teams to deliver highly performant and scalable data products and platforms to drive consumption of data from our enterprise data ecosystem, while driving data engineering best practices. This leader must have the ability to attract and recruit the industry's best talent, and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, customer-oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering next generation software and data products, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for delivering customer value through automation, machine learning and predictive analytics.
Our Directors Are
- Technologists: Strong engineering and technology background with the ability to learn quickly and go deep into our product and engineering solutions - will have a DevOps mindset
- Effective Communicators: Excellent listener; proven collaborator with senior leaders, peers and staff
- Partnership Attitude: Have the competencies to build very strong partnerships with other technology leaders that enable your team's ability to stay on the leading edge of industry solutions
- Curious: Hands-on, "roll up your sleeves" collaborative style of working
- Passionate: Bring energy and enthusiasm to the job and organization
- Bold: History of taking smart, calculated risks and aggressively leading through change
- Achievers: Consistently attain/exceed individual and team goals
- Lead, manage, and grow multiple teams of product focused software & data engineers
- Embrace and incubate emerging technology and open-source products across all platforms
- Work to modernize our existing tech stacks and data platforms
- Collaborate with internal teams to find areas of opportunities for automation and machine learning
- Partner with architects, product owners, data professionals, and software & data engineers to drive the implementation of new applications
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement and support technical solutions across full-stack development tools and technologies
- Lead efforts to deploy new and existing applications into AWS environments and provide operational support for the applications
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of people management experience
- At least 7 year of software engineering or data engineering experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Big Data and data streaming
- At least 3 years of experience with cloud-based data platforms
- 7+ years of experience in data engineering
- 5+ years of experience with Data Lake Infrastructure, Data Warehousing
- 3+ years of experience with AWS
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $260,592 - $307,440 for Director, Data Engineering
Location is San Francisco, California: $276,034 - $325,658 for Director, Data Engineering
Remote roles in other areas of New York & California, and across Colorado & Washington: $220,854 - $260,558 for Director, Data Engineering
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).