Senior/ Solutions Engineer
The Security Solutions Engineer is part of a team of highly knowledgeable security experts who are motivated to solve difficult problems presented by the increasingly complex cloud security landscape. As part of this strategic newly formed team, you are one part prophet and evangelist, one part technical closer and facilitator, and one part builder.
The Security Solutions Engineer must possess strong technical and persuasive skills, capable of effectively articulating technology and product positioning to a variety of audiences including C-Level Executives and highly technical personnel, with a window into the pains and challenges of the modern SOC. This individual will be an integral part of the sales team providing the highest level of technical sales support for Sumo Logic’s next-generation Cloud SIEM.
- Proactively evangelize the benefits and capabilities of Sumo Logic’s next-generation Cloud SIEM and SOAR
- Work with high-velocity Sumo Sales teams, partners, and other stakeholders throughout our most complex and strategic opportunity lifecycles from qualification to technical win
- Product demonstration, technical presentations, sharing industry and technical expertise at tradeshows and virtual events, assessment of customer needs and environments, identify influencers and decision-makers
- Provide expertise regarding architecture design, strategy, and planning
- Ownership and control of the definition and Execution of Proof of Concepts through Success Criteria and building champions
- Provide feedback for product direction and contribute to Sumo Logic’s growing repository of Security Applications and Security Expert Knowledge Base
- Hands-on Knowledge of Security related products, technologies, and sources such as IDS/IPS, SIEM/Log Management, Network / Endpoint Security, Threat Detection, Incident Response, MSSP/MDR, Threat Feeds, CASB, etc.
- The innate ability to uncover a customer’s pain, and find a way to solve it within the solution framework.
- Some software development and/or scripting experience (regex, python, SQL, etc.), and the ability to work at the system command-line interface.
- Ability to mix “art and science” with dashboards and visualizations
- Understanding of SOC environment and the current pains within, previous experience as a soc analyst or manager preferred
- Ability to effectively present solutions via live presentations and remote webinars - we’re looking for someone who can influence and connect whether in a 1:1 conversation or talking in front of a few hundred people.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Some depth and exposure in at least one of the major public cloud providers, AWS, Azure, GCP, with a basic understanding of the architecture and security monitoring points
- Familiarity with a SIEM’s role in compliance/benchmarks such as CIS benchmarks, PCI, SOX, GDPR, NYC500, HIPAA, etc
- 6 years experience selling/supporting/consulting within the information security space; particularly SIEM technologies. Looking for expertise in at least one of the following: IBM QRadar, ArcSight, Splunk, SumoLogic, LogLogic, LogRhythm, Exabeam, RSA EnVision, Devo, Azure Sentinel, Google Chronicle, or similar.
- Preferable to have a CISSP, CCSP, and/or other security attestations and certifications with hands-on knowledge of security threats, solutions, security tools, and network technologies.
- Critical thinking with a strategic mindset, who is self-directed, resourceful, and comfortable in a fast-paced atmosphere
- 20-25% Travel
Sumo Logic is the pioneer in continuous intelligence, a new category of software, which enables organizations of all sizes to address the data challenges and opportunities presented by digital transformation, modern applications, and cloud computing. The Sumo Logic Continuous Intelligence Platform™ automates the collection, ingestion, and analysis of application, infrastructure, security, and IoT data to derive actionable insights within seconds. More than 2,100 customers rely on Sumo Logic to build, run, and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. Only Sumo Logic delivers its platform as a true, multi-tenant SaaS architecture, across multiple use-cases, enabling businesses to thrive in the Intelligence Economy.
Similar solutions engineer jobs in washington
- solutions engineer jobs jobs near me
- solutions engineer jobs near me
- Solutions Engineer - FULLY REMOTE at CyberCoders
- Solutions Engineer at phData (hiring!)
- Solutions Engineer at phData (hiring!)
- Lead Cloud Solutions Engineer - Data Engineering at Humana
- Solution Engineer at Zayo Group
- Solutions Engineering Manager (Seattle, WA) at Meta
- Solutions Engineer (US) at CoreStack