US Remote Legal Administrative Intern (Undergrad Only)
If you love to learn and want to make a positive impact while growing your career, apply now! This position offers a rare and exciting chance to gain real-world experience in legal contract administration within a publicly-traded, global, government services corporation. The selected intern will gain knowledge of general business principles, corporate organizational structure and government procurements. You will have the opportunity to learn, grow and collaborate among various project teams, consultants, vendors and senior management. The experience will include challenging work assignments, gaining insights on various improvement initiatives and building a professional network in a career field with great potential for advancement. The ideal intern will be interested in administering state and federal contracts; have an ability to consider strategic solutions to address business and programmatic risks. Guidance and training will be provided by the Manager. Undergraduate students with a pre-law, political science or related field of study are encouraged to apply.
BENEFITS / COMPENSATION:
Hourly pay range is competitive and commensurate with education and experience. Interns are eligible for benefits. All computer equipment and access to digital systems will be provided to the hired candidate. Students may also complete the internship for academic credit subject to the qualifications of their academic program.
This position requires a commitment of 40 full-time hours per week for the duration of a 10-week summer program: starting Tuesday, May 30th and ending Friday, August 4th, 2023. This role is 100% remote and the majority of the team is located in the Eastern time zone, but applicants from all zones will be considered.
Interns will also participate in a curated program of workshops and events-- Learn from our leaders through our executive guest speaker series, continue to grow skills through our professional development workshops and build meaningful corporate connections through our summer networking events. We traditionally culminate our program with a celebration of National Interns Day in late July and by spotlighting a special project / working group activity that all interns will contribute to and complete for presentation.
The Legal Intern is responsible for analyzing and researching law sources such as statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles and codes to prepare legal documents, such as briefs, memoranda, contracts, and other legal documents.
• Assist with reviewing various contract agreements
• Assist attorneys in preparing for client meetings discussing potential problems or researching additional information needed for contract negotiations and/or projects
• Help with record retention and audit preparation.
• Under close manager supervision, prepare executive level presentations on contractual risk for the CEO and CFO
• Work closely with Deputy General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel on special projects
• Assist with contract audit process, help develop quality improvement initiatives and activities.
• Assist with drafting, updating, and organizing contractual memoranda and files
• Translate business requirements into system requirements
• Perform other duties as assigned by management
• Actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree at an accredited college or university.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Competence in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, etc.) plus database management and reporting software knowledge, plus the aptitude to learn new software, when needed.
• Must have a positive attitude, integrity, initiative and maintain professionalism.