Regional Philanthropy Partner
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs.
As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
The American Red Cross Northern California Coastal Region is currently seeking a Regional Philanthropy Partner, Individual Giving & Major Gifts. This is a full time, salary (exempt) position and you must reside within the region.
Identify, engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective Regional donors in expanding their financial support of the work of the American Red Cross. Manage assigned portfolio of donors, sponsors and prospects to meet monthly, quarterly and annual revenue a goals. As required, serve as operational resource to team members to ensure consistent and effective implementation of donor development plans. Provide support, development and/or leadership guidance to all volunteers.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures and other applicable Federal, State and local regulations.
1. Develop and execute ongoing Regional strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors. Work collaboratively with other departments and fundraising staff to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect.
2. Manage assigned portfolio of donors and prospects with intent to form deep relationships. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to segmented or blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Develop donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable and complex asks. Solicit assigned donor portfolio through face to face visits, including preparation of personalized materials. Revenue target may increase due to major domestic disasters. Serve as mentor/informal leader to team members and operational resource in the areas of retention and strengthening donor relationships.
3. Implement a program/activity to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors at the $5,000. level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross. Work with leadership volunteers to identify and cultivate appropriate donors and partner with assigned Gift Planning staff to solicit giving prospects among identified donors. Update donor records in region and/or district database and Salesforce.com following donor contacts.
4. Develop ongoing relationships, cultivate, solicit and steward support of major donors from individuals, corporations and foundations to meet annual fundraising goals within the region. Support volunteer leaders in peer-to-peer outreach, (if appropriate) using giving societies such as the Tiffany Circle Society as a key program. Assist corporations in achieving their goals in strengthening their brand, marketing, and employee engagement. Articulate Red Cross programs, listen to corporations’ needs and align programs to their interests. Prepare grant proposals, and engage foundation staff and board members to cultivate and solicit support for the American Red Cross.
5. Participate in disaster relief fundraising projects as appropriate. May oversee and have responsibility for staff development. 6. Recruit, develop and work with field staff and volunteers.
Scope: Individual contributor that is fully proficient in applying subject matter knowledge. Knowledge based acquired from several years of experience in particular area. Work independently and may instruct or coach other professionals.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree highly desirable.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
Experience: Minimum 5 years of sales and/or fundraising experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience required. Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention growth and recapture and proven success with complex requests is required. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Management Experience: N/a
Skills & Abilities: Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce.com). Ability to work on a team within a collaborative environment and ensure the highest customer service orientation.
Travel: Frequent travel within the Region required. The amount will vary depending upon size and geography of region.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones and printers, light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and have the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Overall mobility is essential. May also include driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
What’s in it for you:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
- PTO Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
- Pay for Performance
- Compensation: The salary range for this position is: $80,000 - $85,000. incentive ranges from 3.75%-11.25% of your base salary.
Note: that American Red Cross salaries are aligned to the specific geographic location in which the work is primarily performed. Other factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have one shot.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Fundraising: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote