Internal Communications Specialist - RMS (REMOTE)
For 75 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Support the internal communications function within Corporate Communications, specifically the project coordination and communications for Charles River’s global Research Models & Services business. This role can be based at our corporate headquarters in Wilmington, MA, or full-time remote.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate communications and serve as liaison for communications related to Charles River’s global Research Models & Services (RMS) business.
• Partner with leaders within the RMS business to execute on communications and executive visibility plans.
• Build report with our Site Communications Leads across our global RMS business sites to keep them informed and engaged.
• In partnership with RMS business stakeholders, maintain editorial calendar and distribution of messaging related to the business, including quarterly updates, publishing content on the intranet, and developing various content to support business needs.
• Manage email distribution / Poppulo (email publishing) accounts for RMS communications.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all company news and businesses to ensure accurate and timely dissemination of information that meets business and corporate objectives.
• Manage multiple projects with specific deadlines, ensuring their timely completion.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in communications, marketing, journalism/English, advertising, or related discipline.
• Experience: 1-3 years experience with digital communications/platforms, including experience handling multiple projects.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
• Certification/Licensure: None
- Working knowledge of events, social media and advertising procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience within a life science environment (e.g., biotech, pharmaceutical, medical device company, hospital, laboratory) preferred.
The pay range for this position is $56K - $80K. Please note that salaries vary within the range based on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, education, certifications, and location
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 20,000 employees within 110 facilities in over 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 86% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to [email protected] This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.