Software Quality Engineer
Summary Posted: Jul 20, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Do you love understanding every detail of how new technologies work? Join the team that serves as Apple's nerve center, our Information Systems and Technology group. There are countless ways you'll contribute here, whether you're coordinating technology needs for product launches, designing music solutions for retail locations, or ensuring the strength of in-store Wi-Fi connections. From Apple Pay to the Apple website to our data centers around the globe, you'll help design and manage the massive systems that countless employees and customers rely on every day. You'll also build custom tools for employees, empowering them to solve complex problems on their own. Join our team, and together we'll explore all the ways to improve how Apple operates, freeing our employees to do what they do best: craft magical experiences for our customers. Are you passionate about software quality through automation and engineering excellence? If so, we'd like to talk to you! As a Senior Quality Engineer this role will be responsible for guiding quality engineering for software products, building quality frameworks, and in developing test automation and tools. We are looking for a creative and motivated strong hands-on, experienced team member to lead quality engineering and testing for portfolio of corporate systems products, including business functional use-case testing, and non-functional quality, negative testing, and performance. Quality Engineering team is part of Engineering Operations team for Corporate Systems! This team is directly responsible to manage quality of complex custom enterprise applications, partnering with various engineering development teams.
* 3+ years of related hands-on experience in software development and quality engineering.
* Proven track record of driving quality focused on automation, building tools and QA testing.
* Own testing Workday testing initiatives and perform End-to-End qualification for Workday modules.
* Experience building test automation frameworks and business use-case testing.
* Experience in Java, scripting languages (perl, PHP, Python, etc). Linux platforms and relational databases.
* Solid experience working with remote teams situated in different time zones (onsite & Offshore teams).
* Strong in analytical problem solving skills and looking beyond what's obvious
* Proven bug detection and regression skills.
* Experience with Git, Java, Docker, Kafka, MongoDB, Cassandra highly desirable.
* Prior experience guiding team of quality engineers or contractor/vendor resources is desirable.
* Experience testing on Mac OS, iOS (mobile apps). Cloud based technologies a plus.
* Must have a working knowledge of SQA methodologies and practices.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Partner with development and other teams in planning and delivering quality for software.
You will be defining and driving test approaches and test plans for assigned projects and functional test areas, growing our current test cases, engineering quality testing, and performing required tests. You will own quality for functional or application areas and must be able to define qualification strategies, as well as execute functionality, compatibility, integration and reliability testing for applications that are part of a sophisticated mobile, desktop and cloud client/server ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, hands-on, dynamic and detail oriented individual with a strong technical background and proven hands-on experience. This position requires an individual able to own and lead outcomes, lead group of resources, and works cross-functionally with other teams to coordinate testing efforts for sophisticated client and server feature sets.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.