Senior Executive Director of Development, Philanthropy Project Management &#8211; Remote
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work — and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity – in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
The PMO Director is responsible for leading a project management team and optimizing the Office of Philanthropy’s (PMO) portfolio of strategic projects in line with City of Hope’s strategic goals and objectives. The PMO Director will be responsible for leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects on-time, on-budget and in alignment with City of Hope values while also aligning closely with enterprise-wide standards for project management methodologies. Finally, the PMO Director will drive improvements in project management throughout the network and across projects.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Formulate and implement “minimum practices and standards” for integrated program planning and project management including requirements identification, change control, issue escalation, schedule management, risk management, reporting, communication and other critical PM processes.
- Accountable for execution of all PMO projects being on time, on budget and delivered in alignment with City of Hope values. Includes but is not limited to schedule, budget, risks, issues, reporting and communication management.
- Collaborate with key departments and leaders to design project planning approach(es) and lean project management toolkit(s) that ensure alignment and engagement across projects, resource maximization and on-time and on-budget project delivery.
- Improve project execution by coaching Project Managers and teams in building well-integrated, realistic project plans, and by ensuring team and organizational commitment to desired results.
- Maintain common project management methodology and tools, leveraging best industry and internal practices.
- Facilitate project prioritization and selection, as well as on-going reviews to ensure the right OOP project portfolio balance is achieved. Ensures projects are appropriately aligned with strategic goals and facilitates alignment to organizational planning efforts.
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years’ experience in managing complex, multi-year transformational initiatives with an emphasis on program management.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Advanced degree (MBA, MPH or MHA is preferred)
- Program Management
- Design Thinking
- PMP, Agile, or LEAN Certification
- Track record of delivery in large scale transformational programs is a requirement
- Strong preference for previous operational experience in a fundraising organization
- Past experience and expertise in program management is required
- Past experience operating as the Senior Project Manager, Program Director or PMO Director on large scale multi-year and/or complex programs is required
- Past experience at a consulting firm preferred
- Demonstrated history of effective leadership, building and developing high performing teams, establishing performance standards, and transitioning staff through organizational change
- Healthcare experience preferred
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobsjobs.org) you saw this job posting.
Similar of philanthropy jobs in state college pa
- of philanthropy jobs jobs near me
- senior executive director jobs near me
- Executive Director, Foundation at Mount Nittany Health
- Director major gifts at Penn State University
- Senior Executive Director of Development, Philanthropy Project Management &#8211; Remote at City of Hope
- Assistant program director at Penn State University
- Coordinator, Development Office of Philanthropy at City of Hope