Compliance Officer (Remote)
Progressive Leasing is a leading provider of in-store and e-commerce lease-to-own solutions. As an almost 20+ year old FinTech company that has gone from start-up to industry leader, we know how to innovate, simplify, and value all people. We are a company founded on our grit and we are constantly looking to the future. As an ever-evolving group of entrepreneurs and technologists, we strive to do the right thing period in all aspects of our work. We are a subsidiary of PROG Holdings (NYSE: PRG), an exciting FinTech holding company, with three business segments including Progressive, Vive Financial, and Four, a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) platform.
Progressive Leasing is hiring a Compliance Officer (Remote). Reporting to the Director of Compliance you will partner with our Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to execute an effective Compliance Management Program.
This role is a work from home position and can be performed remotely anywhere in the continental US or in one of our corporate locations in Utah or Arizona.
Employee Value Proposition (EVP): PROG is dedicated to providing people with opportunity; opportunity for inclusive collaboration, opportunity for innovation, and opportunity for development.
WE ARE: A team of compliance subject matter experts that are dedicated to making sure things are done right in a fun and engaging environment. We provide our employees with challenging opportunities where passion, tenacity, innovation, and diligence are rewarded. We want your passion, your creativity, and your mastery in rallying support for the ideas that will advance our initiatives.
YOU ARE: A Compliance Officer that will work to ensure Progressive Leasing maintains compliance with state and federal laws through collaboration and monitoring. This will include engaging with business partners, disseminating information throughout business units, and presenting detailed reports to Compliance Executives, including the Compliance VP and Chief Compliance Officer.
- Partner with the Product business units to function as the Business Unit Compliance Officer
- Work with the Director of Compliance to execute an effective Compliance Management Program
- Prevent - Understand regulatory requirements, map requirements to business unit processes, identify and improve internal controls, etc.
- Detect – Work with the Product business units to identify areas of escalated compliance risk
- Remediate – After compliance risk is identified, work with business units to document the issue, perform root cause analysis, and develop appropriate action plans with due dates and owners
- Liaise with various business units and partners to become a trusted advisor to solve problems and create solutions from Product integrations to Marketing promotions
- Review all customer-facing documents for your business unit, (e.g., marketing materials, applications, account communications, training, policies, etc.)
- Communicate compliance requirements and procedures to Product through meetings, written communications and policies, training programs and publications
- Research and understand state rent-to-own statutes and maintain an in-depth understanding of changing regulatory requirements
- Research and understand federal consumer protection laws and regulations to maintain and in-depth understanding of any changes or needs for the Product business units
- Work with business units to complete compliance-related resolution
- Demonstrate strong leadership and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of compliance or relevant business experience
- Must be optimistic, collaborative, enjoy working hard and accomplishing tasks
- Able to demonstrate sound judgment and can multi-task in high-pressure situations
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positive approach
- Strong written and polished verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and a manifestation of strong support for the business goals of the organization
- Prior regulatory experience/interactions (e.g., CFPB, State Regulators, and/or FTC)
- Understanding of legal and regulatory requirements (UDAP/UDAAP, FCRA, FDCPA, etc.)
- Fostering relationships with retail partners
- Prior experience in e-Commerce is a plus (Amazon, Shopify, Rakuten, Wayfair, Salesforce, etc.)
- Familiarity with the state-by-state lease/Rent-to-Own (RTO) statutory regime
- Competitive compensation + bonus eligibility
- Full health benefits: medical/dental/vision/life insurance + paid parental leave
- Company matched 401k
- Paid time off + paid holidays + paid volunteer time
- Diversity alliance resource groups
- Employee stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Charitable gift matching
- Job required equipment & services will be provided
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.
Similar prevention officer jobs in utah
- prevention officer jobs jobs near me
- compliance officer jobs near me
- Loss Prevention Officer at Marriott
- Loss Prevention Officer at Stein Eriksen Lodge at Deer Valley
- Covid Safety Officer at University of Utah
- University Police Officer at Utah Tech University
- Operational Risk Officer (VP/Hybrid) at Citi
- Security Officer - Immediate Openings at Securitas Inc.
- Agency Information Security Officer I at State of Utah