CrossBorder Solutions has offices in New York City, Tarrytown NY, St. Petersburg FL, London, and Argentina.
Compensation: $180,000 - $220,000 per year
What You Will Need To Succeed
A successful engineer in this role will know how to be a team player. They will understand that reliably delivering value to clients is the most important thing and can demonstrate their experience doing this in production environments. They will proactively learn tools, libraries, etc., and bring their findings to the team. They will learn about our culture, understand how they fit, and help us improve on it.
- Must be coachable! Philosophies of Bill Campbell.
- Must be able to demonstrate their passion for being an ideal team player with a focus on being humble, hungry, and emotionally intelligent.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience delivering products to production in a lean and agile environment, focusing on pragmatic incremental improvements.
- Can coach younger engineers on lean and agile best practices, helping them break down work to deploy in small batches with a focus on automated daily production deployments using Feature Flags (Launch Darkly).
- Understands how to coach engineers in reducing Work In Progress, deliver high quality, and automate rollbacks to reduce MTTR.
- Should have experience in multiple programming languages and can discuss the pros and cons of each.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of multiple AWS technologies.
Nice To Haves
Has been a tech lead or technical leader on an empowered engineering team, working closely with a product manager and clients to understand the feasibility of building minimum viable features.
Subscribes to a self-actualization philosophy and has read or listened to some of the following books:
Accelerate: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations
The Lean Startup
Empowered: Ordinary People Extraordinary Products
Measure What Matters
Our tech is phenomenal, but we expect our culture to be even better. We are on a DevOps journey focusing on being a Generative Culture, delivering frequently in small batches with high quality, using DORA Metrics to measure our success, and using Squads and Chapters to enable cross-functional technology value streams. We are Ego Free, team-first engineers eager to grow and learn. We believe that an engineering organization filled with great team players, that aspire to one day be leaders in engineering (people, technical, or product leadership), provides the recipe for great success. This is why everyone in our engineering organization puts a focus on being humble, hungry, & emotionally intelligent because we believe (as does The Table Group) that these are the traits of the ideal team player. These are the traits that allow members of our org to build strong relationships and trust with their peers. Strong relationships and trust enable healthy conflict, commitment, accountability, and driving results. To be a leader, you first
need to be a coach. It is part of our mission to ensure our leaders focus on facilitating development and growth.
Technologies We Are Using
- Cloud First System in AWS: Lambda, Fargate, RDS, DynamoDb, Kinesis, and more
- Microservices architecture from UI all the way to the infrastructure
- CI/CD: Terraform, CircleCi
- Metrics: Loggly, AppOptics, Grafana, Jellyfish
- Feature Flags: Launch Darkly
What We Offer:
Great team culture, career development, great compensation package and benefits, and an unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced teams in the world. With a company culture that provides ample opportunities to be recognized, build valuable skills, and grow your career.
CrossBorder Solutions, a pre-IPO SaaS company, is the global leader in technology driven tax solutions. Founded in 2016, we stand at the intersection of human and machine intelligence. We have offices in New York, Florida, London and remote employees across the United States and Argentina. Through our AI and cloud-based technologies, we deliver superior solutions to our corporate tax customers. As a result, Savant Venture Fund and Insight Partners have invested over $100 million in funding to support our growth.
We are committed to promoting the values of diversity and inclusion throughout the business. Whether it is through recruitment, retention, career progression or training and development, we are committed to improving opportunities for our people regardless of their background or circumstances.
Similar principal engineer jobs in new york
- principal engineer jobs jobs near me
- principal engineer jobs near me
- Principal Engineer at SEVENROOMS
- Senior Principal Engineer - WiFi (remote) at CommScope
- Principal Engineer- Addison, TX or New York, NY at Bank of America
- Principal Engineer at MSG Entertainment
- Principal Engineer - Geotechnical Engineering at Exponent
- Principal Engineer at CrossBorder Solutions
- Principal Engineer, Corporate Engineering at Google