Consultant, Product Analysis, Business Lines UW Effectiveness, Remote
**This is a range posting. The role offer will be at manager discretion based on candidate's experience and skill-set.**
Candidate can sit remotely in the US.
The Business Lines Underwriting Effectiveness team is responsible for developing the Business Lines underwriting strategy. We are focused on:
- Perpetually improving our UW ecosystem in the pursuit of excellence in risk selection outcomes
- Providing our underwriters with tools and solutions that optimize efficiency and execution
- Ensuring our appetite:
- Provides agency partners with solutions for a significant proportion of the market
- Supports our goal to consistently achieve target profitability
- Is simple and intuitive for internal and external users
As part of the Line of Business UW Strategy team within BL UW Effectiveness, the Consultant, Product Analysis will partner with line of business product directors to support the high-impact UW strategy for our new product build outs. This role will support package, BOP, property, GL, and umbrella across small commercial UW segments.
- Support line of business product directors in managing high-visibility cross-functional projects to meet growth and profitability objectives for Business Lines
- Assist line of business product directors by identifying opportunities to implement innovative solutions that refine risk selection capabilities, enhance UW efficiency, and improve ease-of-doing-business for agency partners
- Manage ongoing prioritization of underwriting asks, appropriately balancing business value & resource capacity
- Facilitate underwriting working groups to drive content creation & acceptance criteria development for high priority underwriting features for future product build outs
- Establish and manage wholistic project timelines, track progress of key milestones, and closely follow risks and dependencies for new product underwriting content creation
- Create ongoing feedback loop to keep UW stakeholders informed of project plans, upcoming deliverables, and need to know items
- Support high-impact LOB UW strategy priorities
- Provide SME support on LOB underwriting questions from across the org (Field UW, Distribution, Claims, GRS, State Auto, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in business, information management, economics, or other quantitative field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years, typically 6 years or more of relevant work experience.
- Knowledgeable in data query languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies; may possess data modeling skills.
- Highly developed communication and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of data concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of data architectures, solutions and designs; extensive knowledge of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to Work" by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.