Remote Senior Database Developer. Job in Texas City Gr8Jobs
Join a team that puts its People First As a member of First American's family of companies, Data & Analytics is a national provider of property-centric information, analytics, risk management and valuation solutions. First American maintains and curates the industry's largest property and ownership dataset with over 7 billion document images. Our major platforms and products include: DataTree®, FraudGuard®, RegsData, TaxSource and ACI®. The First American Data & Analytics division boasts more than 20 patents and remains at the forefront of innovation - leveraging technology and data to deliver best-in-class decisioning solutions. Fueled by our industry-leading data and using our technology and proprietary process, our solutions provide lenders, real estate and title companies with actionable insights - enabling them to make better, increasingly automated, decisions. With offices in all major metropolitan areas, including California and New York, DNA teams work collaboratively from across the country. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit
Remote Candidates Welcome - Looking for someone who sits PST or CST
Looking for a SQL Database Developer with 5+ Years of design and development experience who applies database technologies to solve business problems, like high concurrent/transactional supporting databases, MPP Solutions, Analytical, data warehouse. This person will be leading team of database developers to support multiple applications and projects, will be responsible for architecture, design and performance.
- 5+ years SQL Server Development experience
- ETL (using SSIS)
- Experience writing [somewhat complex] stored procedures
- Experience working with application developers
- SSAS/Cube preferred?
- Collaborate with app, product, QA and PMO teams to provide needed support from database team. Ability to translate business requirement into technical requirements and work with application developers to deliver results.
- Supports multiple projects, understands capacity of team and responsible for deliveries from his/her team.
- Designs, develops, and implements complex database systems, tools, and applications
- Writes queries and stored procedures, uses data modeling tools, designs and optimizes databases, or implements at the physical level
- Develops and documents executable code according to functional and technical specifications using structured development methodologies and defined standards.
- Shares best practices with team members and provide technical leadership.
- Assists in the development of project and test plans by providing reliable development estimates.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- 5+ years of database design and development experience
- 5+ years of working experience on Microsoft SQL database and related technologies
- Experienced in designing and developing databases that support high concurrent users with great performance
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases
- Advanced knowledge of database design to produce sound logical and physical data models
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and coding techniques to code stored procedures and triggers
- Experience with varied forms of data design, such as online transaction processing, online analytical processing, data warehousing, operational data stores, and decision support systems
- Should have worked in Agile project development environment
- Very good communication skills
- Working experience with Offshore is plus
- Experience in working with Real Estate data is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Typical Range of Experience
- 5+ years of directly related experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.