Medical Biller (REMOTE OR IN OFFICE)
CDR Maguire Remote
medical remote billing insurance accounts software cycle education medical treatments procedures compliance calling
November 2, 2022
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments and procedures.
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy, completeness, and obtaining any missing information.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments. Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviewing accounts for insurance of patient follow-up.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
- Updating billing software with rate changes. Updating cash spreadsheets and running collection reports.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 2-3 years of recent experience in medical billing required
- Prior medical office experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of full revenue cycle (processing claims, resolving denials, maximizing reimbursement, A/R)
- Must be customer service focused.
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient in Outlook, Microsoft Suite which includes Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially to a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- The ability to make decisions.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with high pressure
- Flexible schedule to include late afternoon and evening hours and overtime and weekends as needed to provide support
- Demonstrates passion for the role
- Partners and collaborates effectively to create win wins with internal operational partners and external partners
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills with the ability to balance education vs. accountability
Report this job
Similar medical insurance jobs in augusta ga
- medical insurance jobs jobs near me
- medical biller jobs near me
- Medical Insurance Biller at Allegiant Medical Billing
- Insurance Sales Agent - Augusta, GA - Now Hiring at Kemper
- Life insurance agent at Jaja Financial Group
- Insurance Agent at COUNTRY Financial�
- Licensed Life Insurance Agent - Remote & Flexible Schedule, Hiring Immediately! at Assurance
- Agent, Insurance Sales and Service at Delta Life Insurance Company and Delta Fire & Casualty Insurance Company
- ARNP/NP (with Own Office and Insurance) at SENTINEL HEALTH SERVICES