Senior Software Engineer - Back End (Remote)
The Guidewire Claims team is reimagining and creating new claims experiences for insurance providers and millions of people who are submitting insurance claims with our customers. We are building scalable cloud services and web applications that enable our customers to process a multitude of claims simultaneously, gain insights into their business performance, and deliver the best experience to their customers.
We're looking for an enthusiastic engineer passionate about designing and owning technical projects for large-scale distributed systems while working in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Note: Our hiring team is open to remote/telecommuter candidates based in these time zones, eg - PST or MST, or CST. The incumbent will work closely with our engineering team based out of our San Mateo, CA headquarters.
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively in an empowered, lean, cross-functional team
- Own architectural design and development of new features while working with the latest cloud technologies (we heavily rely on Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, and primary use Java)
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of Guidewire cloud products
- Lead by example and be looked to for technical guidance in code and design reviews
You'll find success in this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background, including 7+ years of experience in software design and development
- Possess experience in building and delivering Kubernetes-native microservices
- Measure your success in terms of team and business impact, not lines of code
- Advocate for high-quality software by promoting test automation and thorough code reviews
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced dynamic environment while also efficiently communicating your ideas and suggestions
- Maintain an open mind and an aptitude for continuous improvement, learning, and exploration of new technologies
- Share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Your experience might not precisely match. Your grit, passion, and readiness to learn and grow will stand out, and you might be the one who challenges our assumptions about this role requirements. Apply and join us to build your career with Guidewire!
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Similar engineer senior jobs in atlanta ga
- engineer senior jobs jobs near me
- senior software engineer jobs near me
- Vice President, Application Engineer, Senior Engineer I at BlackRock
- Senior Principal Software Engineer, Customer Engineering And Services - Remote at Trulia
- Senior Manager, Mechanical Engineering at Newell Brands
- Senior Data Engineer- Remote at Amyris
- Engineer Lead Senior at Elevance Health
- Senior Engineer / Structural, 2D/3D CAD at L&T Technology Services
- System Engineer - Senior at Republic National Distributing Company