Electrical I&C Engineer IV
Orano is seeking an Electrical I&C Engineer IV or V&V Engineer IV to support nuclear material related equipment and facilities. The scope may also later include electrical I&C support of nuclear material packaging/ancillary equipment; material processing and handling equipment/systems and facilities; remote maintenance equipment/systems; confinement structures (e.g., hot cells); etc.
The individual will:
- Engage stakeholders and assist in the development of requirements (e.g., functional, regulatory, etc.) and identification of applicable codes/standards for the proposed equipment
- Review of design documents, to include Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs), design specifications, instrument and control drawings, calculations, etc.
- Design and review of digital and analog control logic.
- Update software requirements, design, implementation, and test documentation in support of software configuration management, especially in support of design changes necessary to support Commissioning and Plant Operations.
- Specification for instrumentation and control valves.
- Generation of instrument data sheets and material requisitions.
- Use and update software databases for instrumentation, valve, and I/O
- Coordination of physical locations of instrumentation, control valves, control cabinets, etc.
- Design and review of cabinet layouts.
- Industrial control system (PLC) software programming with specific focus on ABB 8000xA system.
- Coordination with other engineering disciplines and other functions.
- Support and oversite of field work activities associated with scope.
- Participation in supplier factory acceptance testing.
- Some travel to plant and supplier facilities may be required.
Responsibilities will include planning/conducting individually assigned engineering tasks or participation in a portion of a larger task or project. Additional responsibilities could include completing assignments in the areas of design reviews, proposal development, work scoping/planning, or other general engineering tasks as directed.
[Note: Orano FS has offices in Charlotte, NC; Aiken, SC; Federal Way, WA; Richland/Pasco, WA; and Idaho Falls, ID. Based on candidate proximity, consideration may be given to placing personnel in one of these locations.]