Position Title: ECommerce Architect
Department: Information Technology - Commercial IS, Sales & Commercial Planning Solutions
Location: Hershey, PA
NOTE: This position 100% remote.
COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Mandate
This position requires that you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (even if working remotely) and present proof of vaccination before beginning employment. If you receive an offer of employment, you will be asked as part of the background check process to upload a copy of your vaccination card. If you believe you require an accommodation for medical or religious reasons related to the vaccine safety mandate, you may submit a request after you receive an offer of employment. Instructions on how to do so will be provided in your offer letter.
The Hershey Company’s Information Services (IS) department, partnering with The Hershey Experience (THX) serve as a catalyst for achieving the corporation’s strategic objectives by leveraging insights and innovation through technology. To help meet these objectives, the Sr Analyst, D2C Ecommerce will be responsible for the delivery of Direct to Consumer (D2C) Ecommerce technology solutions leading the design, architecture, and development leveraging SalesForce Commerce Cloud and related solutions.
- Lead the D2C Ecommerce architecture and solutions for the IS Commercial team that help to meet Hershey’s D2C objectives partnered with the THX business. This includes:
- Responsible for overall front-end architecture; establish and evangelizes global best practices framework around front-end technologies.
- Design detailed solutions within the eCommerce UI & backend engineering team for eCommerce integrations technologies.
- Ensures high-performance of sites through optimal front-end architecture and development of code and content assets and articulates best practices to UI developers.
- Work closely with our domain architects and software development teams to support and guide development teams implementing your solutions and educate teams on corresponding technical aspects.
- Assist with platform configuration and administration between Hershey and external partners
- Support the integration architecture leveraging an API-based framework for new and existing technology solutions
- Design modifications to existing integrations while minimizing customization, design reusable components, and elimination of redundancy in designs throughout team's environment.
- Investigate new technologies and techniques and research ongoing industry developments
- Direction of internal and external contract resources, ensuring that their work product matches the Hershey objectives and requirements and conforms to the Hershey Standards.
- Manage status communications with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and other internal stakeholders.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Very strong technical skills with at least 5 years hands-on design, coding, integration, and deployment experience in enterprise applications.
- 4 years of hands-on experience in the Ecommerce Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC D2C) storefronts
- 3 years of experience in architecting the eCommerce storefronts is required.
- Experience with front-end SFCC component development approach & Cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- 4 years of API Design, using Web Services or other similar frameworks
- 3 years of relational database experience (SQL)
- 2 year experience in leading integration deployment and support including:
- Using best practices, diagnose and track down any functional issues to a root or functional cause, and resolve issues as needed.
- Provide support and post implementation monitoring during initial rollout of solutions.
- 2 year of experience leading and directing contract resources and managed services
- Ability to frame up and simplify complex issues, finding root causes and hidden problems. Ability to think holistically and understand the broader implications of introducing changes to a landscape of interconnected, intelligent systems.
- Ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Excellent time management skills, with a high degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision in a flexible work environment.
- SalesForce Commerce Cloud Certifications
- Experience integrating with Cloud/SaaS applications, APIs, SDK of packaged applications and legacy applications.
- Experience leading and working within an Agile methodology and team, including user story and acceptance criteria development and working with sprints
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience with Avatax
- Experience working within SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Retail and CPG Industry experience working directly with Customers, Clients or Vendors.
- Comfortable with current Microsoft Office Suite (O365)
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, or Information Systems.
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg