Senior Lead Software Engineer, DevOps (Remote Eligible)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We are seeking DevOps Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a DevOps Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. Increasing the operational efficiencies to proactively reduce and mitigate the production incidents and drive resolution on monitoring and alerting gaps. Driving reliability and well-managed related Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) for the entire line of business. Guiding the teams to reduce the Run the Engine (RTE) work by automation and standardization across the board. Implementing best practices on infrastructure deployment and leverage cloud native technologies to optimize the overall cloud spend
Influencing resiliency and scalability in production environments in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other cloud platforms. Engaging in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuningWhat You'll Do:
- Lead a portfolio of diverse technology projects and a team of developers with deep experience in machine learning, distributed microservices, and full stack systems to create solutions that help meet regulatory needs for the company
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal & external technology communities, mentoring other members of the engineering community, and from time to time, be asked to code or evaluate code
- Collaborate with digital product managers, and deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to help millions of Americans achieve financial empowerment
- Utilize programming languages like Java, Python, SQL, Ruby and Go, Container Orchestration services including Docker and Kubernetes, CM tools including Ansible and Terraform, and a variety of AWS tools and services
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 8 years of experience in DevOps Engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 4 years of experience with Cloud Native technologies (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- At least 6 years of Unix or Linux system administration experience
- 9+ years of DevOps Engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience in infrastructure design, implementation and delivery
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring tools (Splunk or Zabbix)
- 3+ years of experience with Container orchestration services including Docker or Kubernetes
- 3+ years of experience working with Agile Development Practices
- Strong knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts and principles
- Strong background in software/system engineering and architecture
- Experience with automating processes and creating standards around deployments, logging, monitoring and alerting for an enterprise
- Strategize and execute a vision around the OKRs defined for the organization
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum Full time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.Location is New York City- $222,589 and $262,605 for Sr. Lead Software EngineerLocation is Colorado- $188,636 and $222,548 for Sr. Lead Software Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at (see below) . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to (see below)
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Similar engineer senior jobs in texas
- engineer senior jobs jobs near me
- software jobs near me
- Data Engineer - Senior Associate at Capital One
- Senior Reliability Engineer at BAE Systems
- Data Engineer - Senior Associate at Capital One
- Full Stack Software Engineer - Senior at USAA
- Senior Test Engineer at SPACEX
- Senior Software Engineer at Microsoft
- Senior ML Engineer at arm