Senior Director of Business Development - IoT (Remote)
In our always on' world, we believe it's essential to have a genuine connection with the work you do.
Our mission: hacker-proof security services!
CommScope is looking to add a Senior Director of Business Development with IoT device expertise, supplier contacts, and insights to our team.
This role will allow you to work from anywhere in North America, with preference given to those located in the Greater San Diego, CA area.
How You'll Help Us Connect the World.
CommScope, a leading supplier of IoT devices, has a world-class device PKI-based security team with a twenty-five-year history that enables security in CommScope products, as well as external customers. This team protects more than $200B in annual internet service and content revenue, and it has delivered over six billion certificates and keys.
CommScope is investing in growing this team by adding sales and marketing to address the growing industry needs for securing IoT devices. The highly motivated team is based in San Diego and serves global customers with a wide range of devices, including industrial, smart home, smart building, service provider CPE, mobile devices, mobile applications, and cloud-delivered services.
We need a motivated, energetic individual with experience engaging in new markets and new applications, targeting key accounts, developing account penetration plans, tailoring our value proposition to specific customer personas, making the pitch, and working with a sales team to capture new business. We want a super-communicator who can work both externally with new customers and can also optimally communicate internally to accelerate the market understanding of our team and contribute to a winning strategy.
You will make an impact by...
- Lead creating new customer relationships that will lead to a progression of sales opportunities.
- Contribute to defining our value proposition and identifying target people in customer organizations.
- Contribute to business and service strategy and pricing, including market intelligence and analysis, competitive analysis, capabilities requirements, and business modeling.
- Develop partnership strategies and relationships.
- Support developing marketing programs, including developing sales playbooks and training sales teams.
- Collaborate with the technical team to keep tight alignment with customer expectations and our capabilities.
Required Qualifications for Consideration:
- A completed Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of related experience.
- In-depth understanding of the IoT device industry focusing on smart building and building automation for MDUs, hospitality, and education.
- Extensive business development skills crafting new relationships, understanding and solving customer problems, and building profitable new business.
- Detailed understanding and technical expertise in IoT device security technologies and practices.
- Highly developed business judgment with experience in allocating effort to the highest payback activities.
- Super-communicator with advanced presentation skills and consensus-building skills.
- Super-collaborator who adds energy to an already high-energy team.
You Will Excite Us If You Have:
- A completed Master's Degree or MBA.
Perks & Benefits: The candidate will be rewarded with a comprehensive benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, and vision plans, life, and accidental death insurance, a 401(k) plan, and participation in the Company's Annual Incentive Plan.
This position also benefits from eligibility to participate in CommScope's Long-Term Incentive Plan ( LTIP ), as approved by CommScope's Compensation Committee.
For candidates located in the states that require compensation listed in the job description, the anticipated salary range dependent on experience and qualifications: $165,000 - $218,000.
We recognize the workplace is changing and success can be achieved in many ways. This role can participate in our [email protected] program, which provides flexible workplace options that are conducive to success. You can learn more about [email protected] here .
What happens after you apply: Learn how to prepare yourself for the next steps in our hiring process by visiting .
CommScope is on a quest to deliver connectivity that empowers how we live, work, and learn. Our employees push the boundaries of communications technology that enables game-changing discoveries like 5G, the Internet of Things, and gigabit speeds for everyone, everywhere. With our unmatched expertise in copper, fiber, and wireless infrastructure, our global clients rely on us to outperform today and be ready for the needs of tomorrow.
If you want to grow your career alongside bright, passionate, and caring people who strive to create what's next ..come connect to your future at CommScope.
CommScope is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including people with disabilities and veterans. If you are seeking an accommodation for the application or interview process, please contact us to submit your request at [email protected] You can also learn more about CommScope's accommodation process and EEO policy at .
Similar director of business jobs in durham nc
- director of business jobs jobs near me
- of business development jobs near me
- Manager, Business Administration at Macy's
- Director of Business Development at Life Science People
- Director, Business Development East Coast at GSK
- Senior Director, Business Development at Tune Therapeutics
- Director of Business Development at Infinia ML
- Director, People Business Partners at Nutanix
- Director, Software Engineering-AWS (Mobile/ Full Stack) at Fidelity Investments Careers