Junior Proposal Manager (2093)
SMX is looking for a Junior Proposal Manager to support proposal development within our Growth Office team. This position is 100% remote. The Junior Proposal Manager manages, coordinates, and prepares proposals in response to requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFI), and requests for quotes (RFQ) from Government, state, and commercial prospects.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Actively manage, oversee, and communicate proposal status to the proposal team, management stakeholders, consultants, and subcontractors/partners
- Perform detailed analysis of solicitation (PWS/SOW/RFP/Q) artifacts and requirements for compliance and responsiveness
- Develop compliance matrices, tailored checklists, proposal instructions, and response templates
- Perform substantive reviews of both text and graphics; and ensure the assigned writing sections comply with RFP/RFQ/RFI requirements, contain win strategies and themes, and complies with standard format and style criteria
- Guide proposal team through necessary corporate bid reviews, protocols, and decisions, including color review cycles
- Communicate effectively with proposal stakeholders, including various internal support staff and external partners when applicable
- Ensure accuracy of proposal core data/information on templates and artifacts throughout the proposal process, with particular focus on color team review document recovery
- Assist in reviewing proposal artifacts for compliance and responsiveness against solicitation requirements
- Support and manage internal and external MS SharePoint and Teams sites
- Support corporate-wide training initiatives related to Growth Center of Excellence proposal processes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years of experience working on a Proposal Development Team responding to DoD, Federal Civilian, and/or commercial solicitations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to direct and contribute to multiple projects under deadline
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to handle and complete projects/activities under shifting priorities
- Ability to work as part of a team and utilize sound judgment in making decisions
- Strong writing and editing abilities
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word (use of advanced features such Styles are a MUST ), PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Professional
- Ability to work as part of a group to develop new and innovative ideas and artifacts for proposal responses
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills; able to work effectively with all levels of employees across the organization
- US citizenship required for work under DoD contracts
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Shipley process and APMP Body of Knowledge
- APMP Foundations Certification
- Understanding of Government contracting and solicitation/RFP processes
- Knowledge of proposal content management systems
Our tradition of delivering innovative, technical solutions dates back to 1995, however, you may know us better by one of our legacy company names: Trident Technologies, Smartronix, Datastrong or C2S Consulting Group. With the support of OceanSound Partners, our private equity investment sponsor, we began operating as one business starting in 2019 and became SMX in 2021. We operate in close proximity to our clients around the globe and have core locations in Alabama, California, DC Metro, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, and Massachusetts.
Today, as SMX, we are one team and together empower government and commercial enterprises to become more effective, innovative, and resilient, no matter what challenges they face.
SMX is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability status, protected veteran status, race, color, age, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. SMX is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Vaccination within 60-days of hire, or an approved accommodation, is a requirement of the position per Executive Order 14042 (unless precluded by State law). If a candidate is not vaccinated, they may request an accommodation once offered the position, and the accommodation must be granted prior to the employee starting in the position. Candidate will have 60 days to get vaccinated.