Financial analyst remote
Financial Analyst-Remote - 2213772
Job : Accounting and Finance
Primary Location : Work from Home
Organization : Ob-Gyn 104425
Shift : : First Shift
JOB SUMMARY :
The Financial Analyst is a professional position directly responsible for planning and coordinating analytic reviews and analysis.
The Financial Analyst will apply principles of accounting, auditing, clinical knowledge, and statistical analysis to prepare audit studies, reimbursement reviews, ROI analysis for capital projects, economic and demographic studies, service line analysis, pro forma reports, contract changes analysis and other projects for the organization.
POSITION : Full-Time, Exempt, Remote Work Available
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Develops projections to model the financial impact of programs and projects.
- Designs, develops, and modifies financial forecasting models and simulations for programs. Accumulates and analyzes data from existing or established databases.
- Analyzes, accumulates, and reviews data for financial reports. Conducts technical research and prepares synopses on relevant topics.
- Assembles data and compiles drafts, outlines and graphic materials for financial presentations. Coordinates efforts of work group.
- Working knowledge of federal funding and budgeting.
- Analyzes future trends and indicators in related areas of interest. Reviews data to analyze trends affecting budget needs.
- Monthly and quarterly accrual calculations, journal entries.
- Manage Provider dashboards quarterly.
- Perform Human Resources pre-hire duties as assigned.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES :
FINANCIAL ANALYSIS (INTERMEDIATE) : - The process of evaluating businesses, projects, budgets, etc. to determine their performance, stability and profitability.
COMMUNICATION OF RESULTS (INTERMEDIATE) : - Communicates results and recommendations to customers in a concise and non-technical format.
Clearly states implications and potential next steps. Presents analysis, ideas, and findings using the appropriate data visualization and presentation tools such as Word, Excel, Tableau, and PowerPoint .
PROBLEM SOLVING (INTERMEDIATE) : - Uses critical thinking and process improvement i.e. coaches and mentors development of problem statement, describes current state, identifies root causes, creates future state, coaches and mentors development of solutions and action plans with a sustainability plan.
Applies appropriate tools to address issues.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE) : - Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION (INTERMEDIATE) : - Demonstrates the ability to write clear, detailed, and comprehensive status reports, memos and documentation.
Demonstrates an understanding of effective composition, such as having first line in a paragraph state the subject.
CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Organizational Impact : Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area / team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving / Complexity of work : Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge : Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction : Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
CORE CAPABILITIES :
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2) :
- Develops Self and Others : Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self / others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively : Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2) :
- Serves Others with Compassion : Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems : Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support : Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2) :
- Performs Excellent Work : Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement : Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements : Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2) :
- Demonstrates Accountability : Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources : Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department / area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions : Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2) :
- Generates New Ideas : Proactively identifies new ideas / opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology : Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change : Views difficult situations and / or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Statistical and Analytical Reporting experience, highly preferred
Licensure, Certification, and / or Registration (LCR) :
- Physical Requirements / Strengths needed & Physical Demands :
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Movement
- Occasional : Standing : Remaining on one's feet without moving.
- Occasional : Walking : Moving about on foot.
- Occasional : Lifting under 35 lbs : Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional : Carrying under 35 lbs : Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
- Occasional : Push / Pull : Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
- Occasional : Bending / Stooping : Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
- Occasional : Reaching above shoulders : Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional : Reaching below shoulders : Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
- Occasional : Handling : Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional : Bimanual Dexterity : Requiring the use of both hands.
- Frequent : Sitting : Remaining in seated position
- Frequent : Fingering : Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation. Sensory
- Continuous : Communication : Expressing or exchanging written / verbal / electronic information.
- Continuous : Auditory : Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
- Continuous : Vision : Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision. Environmental Conditions
Req ID : 2213772
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Last updated : 2022-11-24
Similar principal financial analyst jobs in peoria az
- principal financial analyst jobs jobs near me
- financial analyst jobs near me
- Senior Finance Analyst at Mayo Clinic
- Lead Financial Analyst at Stepan Company
- Principal Financial Analyst - Full-time / Part-time at Amtec Human Capital
- Senior Financial Analyst - Now Hiring at Jobot
- Financial analyst at Public Consulting Group
- Senior Financial Analyst - Now Hiring at LHH
- Financial analyst remote at Vanderbilt University Medical Center