Tech Specialist 2 - Remote
M.C. Dean, Inc. Remote
tech remote security operating research remote team personnel software engineering microsoft statements of work (sow) system administration
December 7, 2022
M.C. Dean, Inc.
Washington, District of Columbia
- This is a remote opportunity
- Manage physical security system support to meet service level agreements
- Analyze physical security system performance and recommend improvements
- Resolve complex system issues for physical security systems and networks
- Provide Tier 3 support to the system administration team
- Programming and integrating an entire system at the global level
- Using advanced knowledge of networking principals and system administration skills to troubleshoot systems and operating systems
- Communicate with customers, manufacturers, vendors and system administrators
- Train system users and other system support personnel
- Analyze and modify preventive maintenance checklists for system changes
- Troubleshoot system performance issues and implement corrective actions
- Perform preventive maintenance actions including system back-ups, error log reviews, database size and integrity checks
- Organize and prepare detailed documentation of system performance, including service request records and analysis
- Perform desktop hardware and operating system set-up, imaging software loading, and antivirus updates
- Conduct in depth research and evaluate the research of Technical Specialists in order to evaluate existing and future systems
- Perform and manage PITCO's
- Perform final programming of systems
- Provide on site system support post deployment
- Read and interpret engineering drawings
- Understand SOP and SOW documentation
- Ensure test lab equipment is maintained
- Assisting with annual performance evaluations
- Ensure availability of remote Pitco and remote access
- Interface with engineering team to ensure design efficiency
- Interface with internal and external customers
- Provide advanced level database support
- Conduct research and development of entire systems and analyze all interoperability and constructability scenarios
- Delegating tasks and providing support to level I and II Electronics Technical Specialists
- Using 60% or 90% designs to develop and build out PITCO
- Read blue prints, schematics and statements of work (SOW)
- Ensuring PITCO build outs adhere to statements of work (SOW)
- Coordinate with field personnel and/or engineering team to discuss any potential installation issues
- Answer support calls to help field personnel and system administrators with any installation issues encountered on the job site
- Document support calls in the internal support systems (IMMS); ensuring all tickets are addressed and closed
- Conduct research and development on new system manufacturers (i.e. access control, intrusion detection and closed circuit television systems)
- Perform all duties with minimal direct supervision
- Requires eight to ten (8-10) years of experience with a HS diploma/GED coupled with installation, troubleshooting, and/or testing of electronic security systems
- Requires substantial travel to project sites as required by customer and program manager to meet project deliverable's
- Proficient with Microsoft Project or equivalent scheduling tools
- Applicants for this position may be required to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or demonstrate that they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated
- Certification in CCure 9000 Access Control System
- Certification in DVTel Digital Video Systems
- Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Server 2008 experience
- Dell Storage Area Networks, Brocade and Cisco network equipment
- Symantec Netbackup software
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Install and load system operating software
- CCNA, A , Network Certifications
- Google Documents to include sheets, docs and preso
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
Report this job
Similar tech specialist jobs in washington dc
- tech specialist jobs jobs near me
- Information Technology Specialist at U.S. Department of State
- Remote Event Technology Specialist at Unbridled
- Administrative Specialist at National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Information Technology (IT) Specialist at Logistics Management Institute
- Technical Support Specialist at DMS International
- Mid IT Specialist at Momentum
- Senior Information Technology Specialist at BarnAllen Technologies Inc.