IT Solution Architect - Director
BCG, Boston Consulting Group Boston, Massachusetts
solution director architecture design technical solution cloud lead enterprise hr collaboration software digital
December 6, 2022
BCG, Boston Consulting Group
WHAT YOU'LL DO
To realize our digital transformation, we need to transform our products, experiences, processes, technology and how we operate. Delivering our clients unrivalled experience of exceptional service, value and flexibility is part of our DNA. We are looking for people who are passionate about Agile ways of working and want to spread this approach within our teams and business processes. To execute this transformation, we need people who take the lead in defining standards and guardrails of working and developing expertise within the tribe.
As IT Solution Architect you will define and design technology solutions that optimize our solutions for rapid innovation whilst also making sure we manage risks such as cyber security and operational resilience. You will act as pioneer, thought leader, problem solver, and be sought out for your expertise by product teams, enabling them to go faster, safely, and prevent solutions that are hard to change and stifle innovation.
In your role you will bridge enterprise architecture and engineering, and will own the design of one or more products and solutions within the HR tribe. You will optimize against many requirements such as functional needs, quality attributes (e.g., security, usability), cost, and enterprise-wide goals (e.g., cloud and API enablement). You document architecture views and deliver architecture artefacts required by the delivery process, and enable teams to maximize the automation in the deployment pipeline.
Moreover, you will be a hands-on participant in architecture proof of concepts, innovation initiatives, and performance tuning activities. Researching/analyzing emerging technologies, as well as designing and advocating new technologies, architectures, and products in collaboration with system and service owners is part of your profile. Same is true for identifying risks within proposed solution architectures and developing mitigation plans, ensuring that solution architectures are scalable and sustainable for operations. You propose architectural epics and stories to implement the architectural runway and clear technical debt, document quality attributes in epics & stories, and define acceptance criteria.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
To be successful, you should bring sound development and architecture experience leveraging technologies to drive technical governance, innovation, integration and cloud-oriented strategies. Ideally, you thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills, and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for collaboration and open communication.
- Thought leadership in technology innovation and transformation
- Verbal and written communication at a business and technical level
- Servicing customers with a strong business orientation and connecting with skilled engineers
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness and collaboration
- Working well independently as well as part of a team
- Building relationships and reliable team player, displaying consideration and respect for others
- Performing successfully in a fast-paced, multi-cultural and service-oriented environment
- Interpreting rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and aligning with BCG’s values and culture
- Exhibiting ownership and accountability for the tasks assigned
- Attention to detail, well organized, and able to set priorities and take decisions
- Being flexible to be available outside of normal business hours for international calls as needed
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- BA/MS degree in computer or information sciences or similar field
- 15+ years of relevant experience in IT architecture with strong technical background, preferably in large international organizations
- Nice to have - IT Architect certification: Open Group certification (e.g., TOGAF Certified, Certified Architect Master)
- Strong experience as an IT architect (App Architect) in complex and heterogeneous environment
- Solid experience of designing end-to-end architecture and design of applications using one or more platforms
- Expertise in integrating Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions in highly complex environment
- Domain experience in HR Recruiting solutions
- Strong experience with Databases and EDW technology like Snowflake
- High level of expertise in understanding data architecture and supporting technologies
- Experience in collaborating with agile development teams in reviewing application architecture, design and implementation against quality standards
- Ability to develop process documentation, technical manuals and instructions
- Solid experience in Object-Oriented design SOLID principles and modern design patterns
- Expertise towards SOA & Microservices architecture implementation using REST APIs, queue-based messaging patterns, relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in design and implementation of REST APIs and micro-services
- Working knowledge of on-premise/cloud-based infrastructures, SDLC pipelines, and deployments/configurations and definition/evangelism of best practices/standards
- Proven advanced experience with systems integration, IT industry standards, architecture principles design, and service level agreement definition
- Strong focus on promoting component re-use in architecture designs
- Experienced in software delivery including CI/CD and related DevSecOps practices, working with cloud based platforms such as Azure or AWS
- Strong software design & development principles, with a focus on system stability, reusability and performance optimized for a global audience
- Strong understanding of application testing, diagnostics and performance tuning
- Strong understanding of TDD andBDD methodologies.
- And workable knowledge of
- Data ingestion pipelines
- AWS (Azure is a plus)
- And familiar with
- Scrum and Kanban development methodologies.
- Automation, performance and load testing tools
YOU'LL WORK WITH
The Solution Architect is a position within the HR tribe focused on recruiting solutions transformation, which itself is part of BCG's digital products organization. The tribe manages and delivers internal software solutions and IT product offerings to worldwide BCG. The role will work closely with developers, Technical Area Lead, Tribe Lead and other solution and enterprise architects within and outside of the tribe
Report this job