Structural Project Engineer
Ardurra is seeking a Structural Project Engineer to join our staff in Wilmington or Raleigh, NC or remote/work from home within NC, SC, FL; but the ideal candidate must be able to commute to offices on occasion/as needed.
Performs detailed phases of design engineering work for a project of moderate size and complexity (e.g., assignment involving a single engineering discipline). The incumbent must be fully competent in all conventional aspects of design engineering and be capable of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Conduct forensic investigations on multifamily and high-rise commercial buildings to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures for insurance companies, attorneys, private homeowners and property owners.
- Investigate and assess damages due to catastrophes such as storm damage, hurricanes, and floods.
- Provide detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within required timeframes.
- Communicate with staff and clients to provide time-lines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Providing both written and verbal reports to tight deadlines regarding multiple projects simultaneously
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil/Structural/Architectural preferred)
- P.E. licensed in the state of North Carolina or the ability to obtain is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in Forensics - Structural design, investigation, and construction defect experience.
- Project Management experience: Covering a variety of multifamily and commercial structures.
- Expert witness and litigation experience desired
- Design/analysis and or construction experience with reinforced concrete, masonry, wood, and steel a plus.
- Working knowledge of building codes and experience reviewing building plans and specifications
- Willing and able to travel to job sites
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We’re not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.
Bachelors or better in Civil Engineering
Bachelors or better in Engineering
Bachelors or better in City and Regional Planning
Bachelors or better in Construction Engineering
Bachelors or better in Transportation Engineering
Licenses & Certifications
Similar project engineer staff jobs in apex nc
- project engineer staff jobs jobs near me
- structural project engineer jobs near me
- Project Engineer (NC) at Donley's Inc
- Technical Sales Engineer at Polyzen
- Project Engineer - Water/Wastewater Utilities at TRC Companies
- Building Structures Project Manager at NV5
- Project Engineer-Manager at Genesis Digital Assets
- Project Engineer (NC) at Donley's
- Bridge engineer at Weston & Sampson