Senior Vice President, ESG, Philanthropy and Impact Investing
BerlinRosen is a fast-growing, full-service communications firm with more than 300 communications and campaign strategists in New York, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. Since its founding in 2005, BerlinRosen has powerfully expanded its presence in issue advocacy, workers' rights, corporate, social impact/ESG, nonprofit, entertainment, media, racial justice, healthcare, hospitality, real estate, architecture, design, urbanism, land use, lifestyle and technology communications. We have received more than 50 awards and recognitions, including being the only agency to be named #1 Best PR Firm in America by Observer more than once (2022; 2018), PRNews' Large PR Agency of the Year (2021) and 5/5 Stars on Forbes' latest Best PR Agencies in America list.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE STRATEGIC CAMPAIGNS TEAM
The Strategic Campaigns team works with labor unions, advocacy organizations, nonprofits, leaders in arts and culture, partners in film and entertainment, philanthropic foundations and others focused on racial and economic justice. We help mission-driven leaders and organizations tell their stories and advance change. We work on campaigns led by working people across the economy who are fighting to raise pay, win or protect the right to a union and make sure our economy works for everyone. We help workers take on some of the largest, most powerful corporations and fight back against an economic and political system stacked in favor of the wealthy. Our work helps improve the lives of families and communities, with a particular focus on communities of color, and takes aim at the economic and political inequality that threatens our democracy.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
BerlinRosen is seeking a Senior Vice President to build a more inclusive financial system that promotes social and racial equity; empower investors to hold companies accountable for their performance on environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues; work with companies to help them reach their sustainability and social impact goals; fight for equitable access and distribution of investment capital for small business owners of color and communities of color; translate complex financial and economic research into compelling messaging and use data to tell inspiring stories; and use financial PR expertise to a portfolio of mission-driven clients who are changing the world for the better.
Role location: This role is available on a remote basis within the United States or within one of our offices (New York, N.Y., Washington, D.C., or Los Angeles, C.A.) on Eastern Time. On an optional basis, our New York, N.Y. and Washington, D.C. offices are currently open to staff. Proof of vaccination is required to work in any of BerlinRosen's offices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As a Senior Vice President on the Strategic Campaigns team, you will…
- Drive a vision for strategic communications and direction for a portfolio of work
- Be a leader and mentor for a dynamic group of committed communicators
- Elevate firm and individual expertise in key issue and industry areas
- Grow a portfolio of client work and new business opportunities, supported by firm relationships and directed by your own vision and networks
- Provide senior advice, client counsel and conceptualize strategy for philanthropies, advocacy organizations and companies and motivate teams to implement integrated campaigns that leverage public affairs, media and digital tactics to reach key audiences and achieve client goals
- Oversee financial account management
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in strategic communications or media relations
- Strong news sense and knowledge of the media, particularly around business and financial issues, impact investing, philanthropy
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Multi-tasks easily; has the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details
- A deep understanding of media relations, public affairs, ESG and financial communications or similar work in the fields of finance, politics, philanthropy and government
- A track record of communications wins, specifically in strategic media relations, message development and narrative
- Experience with the agency business model, including strong client management experience
- A track record of business development and client development, and/or a deep network to leverage for business development and partnerships
- Excitement to serve a diverse set of clients, and the hunger to build a dynamic book of business
- A commitment to staff development, professional growth and mobility, and building a diverse and inclusive team
- Experience building and leading talented teams and a personal commitment to effective management
- A belief that good ideas can come from anyone on the team, and a strong, confident leadership presence that projects internally and externally
Note: Interested in this role but it's not quite the right match? Applicants who meet some but not all or exceed the above criteria are still encouraged to apply! We are eager to speak with candidates with diverse backgrounds and can assess role leveling on an individual basis.
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
Compensation philosophy: BerlinRosen offers competitive industry rate salary bands with the goal of retaining and growing talented individuals. We regularly review and adjust our compensation structure as needed to ensure equity across teams and levels.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience and is as follows:
- Starting minimum: $160,000
- Role cap: $200,000
Senior Vice Presidents are eligible for end of year bonuses based on firm, team, and individual performance.
Benefits: BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, encourage self-care and drive professional development, including…
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company-sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Mental health assistance with company-sponsored memberships to Talkspace and Calm
- 401K with a 4% employer match and no vesting period
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Effective January 1, 2023, all incoming staff will receive 36 days total of PTO, inclusive of general PTO, wellness days, collective PTO the week between Christmas and New Year's Day holidays and 11 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Full mobile phone reimbursement for data and minutes
- Employer-funded life insurance
- Discounted annual bikeshare membership
- Corporate discounts through Tickets at Work
- Continuous skills training tailored to your role