Remote Patient Care Manager
Remote RN - Patient Care Manager
Why become a Patient Care Manager with LHC Group?
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision packages effective immediately
- Rapid Career Advancement
- Internal promotions with a career plan
- All-encompassing Orientation and Fast Trak option for Home Care experienced clinicians
- LHC Group, Inc. is a national provider of in-home healthcare services, with an emphasis on providing quality, value-based healthcare to patients in the comfort and privacy of their home.
- A career with LHC Group means you will be empowered to provide the kind of service you can be proud of. Our emphasis on person-centered care affords the time and opportunity to make a real difference in people's lives every day.
A day in the life of a Patient Care Manager RN with:
- Delivers high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home
- A Patient Care Manager RN is responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of clinical services.
- Coordinates and supervises an interdisciplinary team of staff to assure the continuity of high quality care to home health patients assigned to the team's area in accordance with physician prescribed plan of care, and all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Receives referrals and ensures appropriate clinician and|or therapist(s) assignments for timely patient evaluation by signing off after authorization and plotting start of care (SOC) visits.
- Coordinates determination of patient home health benefits, medical necessity, and ongoing insurance approvals.
- Ensures patient needs are continually assessed and care rendered is individualized to patient needs, appropriate and reasonable, meets home health eligibility criteria, and is in accordance to physician orders.
- Oversees and assures development, implementation, and updates to the individualized patient plan of care, as appropriate.
- Manages and documents phone calls from physicians, clinicians, patients, referral sources, and communicates patient updates|new orders to clinicians. Uses coordination notes to document, as needed and appropriate.
- Reviews assessments and plans of care daily, per assigned workflow, and consults clinicians with recommendations, as appropriate.
- Coordinates all aspects of care with all disciplines, physicians, durable medical equipment providers, caregivers/family members, transferring facilities, and any other applicable healthcare providers.
- Follows-up on lab and other clinical diagnostic test, physician contact, and significant changes in the patient condition to ensure adequate physician notification, follow-up, and needed plan of care modifications and communicates such to clinicians.
- Schedules, prepares for, facilitates, and documents case conference/SOC reports and facilitates effective exchange of information across disciplines especially with adverse findings, changes in patient condition, daily and urgent updates, as necessary.
- Assists clinicians in coordinating the transfer and discharge of patients from agency services as indicated by the physician.
- Receives report from field clinicians prior to scheduled days off on patient status and ongoing needs.
- Processes new orders and updates the visit frequency, as appropriate, when the oncall RN takes supplemental verbal orders which alter frequency going forward.
- Writes and processes orders when taking verbal orders directly from the physician and communicates such to field clinicians.
- Assures payer change documentation is completed properly and timely, as required.
- Reviews clinician visit notes weekly to ensure timely, complete, appropriate, and accurate submission of all documentation by field staff. Takes necessary action to correct adverse findings and communicates trending to branch manager.
- Reviews, evaluates, and supervises service delivery to ensure appropriateness of care and utilization of services, equipment, and supplies through activities such as random patient visits, medical record reviews and case conferences.
- Enters infections and incidents/occurrences into the online Risk Management Incident Reporting System, as specified by policy.
- Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel.
- Provides direction and leadership to clinical team members in collaboration with the branch manager and/or director.
- Provides direct patient care, as necessary, in accordance to scope of practice and physician orders.
- Participates in QAPI program.
- Assures compliance with and ensures timely follow up on daily clinical and coding edits.
- Directs clinicians in utilizing best practice interventions when finalizing Plan of Care for all patients.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Follows-up with On-Call events daily.
- Receives report from weekend and after-hours clinicians admitting new patients.
- Completes LHC required learning courses, additional assignments per DON request, as well as any state specific required training per state regulation/practice act requirements.
- Directs team in adherence to and participates in the Episode Management process.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Current RN licensure in state of practice
- Current CPR certification required
- Current Driver's License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete full vaccination by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be required. If permitted by state law, the company will consider requests for religious or medical exemptions.
Equal Opportunity Employer - vets, disability.