Coordinate the process of delivering custom commercial cabinets on time, on budget, while meeting or exceeding the expectations of the general contractor and/or clients. It’s essential for strong clear communication with general contractors and owners from beginning to finish for the success of the project.
Successful project management qualities are organizational skills, acute attention to detail coupled with the ability to see the big picture in commercial construction, critical thinking skills, excellent communication skills, managing expectations, can-do attitude, with the ability to inspire and motivate.
The responsibilities of the project manager include:
- Planning: implementing the production process to meet the project’s objectives while adhering to an approved budget and timeline.
- Knowledge: Understanding the process of commercial construction and basic knowledge of cabinetry.
- Leading: overseeing each project through the planning, submittal process, pre-production, manufacturing and installation requires excellent communication, people, and leadership skills, as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Time management: Staying on schedule and identifying if the project is is on schedule is one of the key responsibilities of a project manager. Project managers are responsible for resolving problems and communicating effectively with general contractors and/or owners to get project back on track. Creative problem solving to complete the project.
- Budget: Project managers maintain the budget for a project, and if any adjustment are required issuing a change orders are necessary for staying on track.
- Documentation: maintain process of documenting a project from estimate, submittals, and change orders using project managing software, project details for manufacturing through installation of the project.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and make any adjustments necessary to keep completing projects and shop on schedule.
- Competent computer knowledge of Microsoft Office, Project management Software Sage Contractor 100 and Mosaik.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $48,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ocala, FL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Project management: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location