Engagement Manager - REMOTE
Are you a rock star leader who’s an excellent communicator focused on growth and client success? Do you have a passion for technology and digital transformation? Do you have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations in every engagement?
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and find great satisfaction from building something from the ground up, possess an executive presence with a keen ability to facilitate the development of transformative ideas and drive perfection in project execution, then we’d love to talk to you! High-energy individuals with a healthy level of grit who enjoy challenges will thrive and progress in our organization.
E Source is a solutions-based consulting, research and advisory, and data science firm that’s been a change agent in the utility industry for over 30 years.
We’re building a world-class client success organization. In this role, you’ll be involved in managing data science engagements, building client relationships, and growing the Technology Planning and Implementation consulting practice.
The engagement manager will work closely with the vice president of commercialization in managing key utility client relationships to ensure the overall success of data science projects and drive retention, new revenue, and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do
- Build credibility: Continue to learn and develop deeper knowledge specific to the utility industry and new solutions within E Source Data Science to establish a foundation as a trusted adviser
- Strategic planning: Leverage vision and critical thinking to see multiple steps ahead and then take proactive steps to influence the momentum or direction of a project to ensure client success
- Sales management: Work with the director of client success to create purposeful and customized plans to communicate value propositions and guide clients through the conversion process toward loyalty and high customer satisfaction
- Client enablement and satisfaction: Create persuasive presentations and other meaningful communications to support change management efforts, make the client look good, and guide key decision-makers along the digital transformation path
- Project management: Integrate leading-edge project management methodologies to ensure project success
- Project profitability management: Actively manage scopes of work, track budgets, monitor team hours, and monitor overall profitability
- Product development: Support the development of industry-leading data science offerings by facilitating voice-of-the-customer feedback and connecting client needs with company capabilities
- Drive expansion revenue: Effectively scope new projects with current clients and execute the proposal development process in partnership with the director of client success and data science teams—then close the deal
- Expand reach: Develop measurable strategies for increasing your sphere of influence within the current client base and facilitate effective discussions to create interest in our service offerings and capabilities
- Help others develop: Coach and support the development of more-junior team members to increase the overall value of the broader organization
What will make you a good fit
- Obsession with delivering an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and nonverbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency for accomplishing goals and exceeding expectations
- Capable of demonstrating the blend of initiative, grit, and patience required to confidently guide clients through the customer life cycle
- Collaborative temperament with an uncanny ability to cultivate relationships
- Tenacity, drive, and internal motivation
- Complex decision-making capability coupled with courageous curiosity
- Consultative selling skills
- Project and program management experience
- Technical acumen
- Innovative problem-solver
- Analytical thinking skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to collaborate in a virtual environment
- Approachability and team-building skills
- Minimum of five years’ experience in customer-facing roles (internal or external clients)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in leadership roles
- Proven track record in building strong client relationships
- Implementation and project management experience
- Agile or Waterfall project management methodology experience
- Bachelor’s degree; business or technical field preferred
- Tech savvy
- Experience with utility grid (electric transmission and distribution) or customers (products and programs) or in another highly regulated industry
- MBA or equivalent post-baccalaureate experience
- Management consulting experience
- Large-scale management experience
- Experience with data science, data analytics, or another technical field
- Entrepreneurial experience
A little about E Source
Since 1986, E Source has focused on partnering with utilities to help their customers save electricity. That novel approach defined the art of electric end-use efficiency—better known as energy efficiency. We’ve expanded that concept to include a broader perspective of sustainability for utilities that deliver electricity, natural gas, and water.
We work to enhance relationships with the people utilities serve, achieve the next generation of savings, and lead the carbon-reduction effort. We help utilities think differently, make data useful, and learn from the best strategies across the industry. Our people, our insights, and our network help our clients and give them the assurance that the programs they implement are the most effective.
- We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
- We provide a flexible time off (FTO) program; E Source employees can take as many paid days off per year as they need, with manager approval, while fulfilling their work obligations and ensuring proper coverage of their responsibilities.
- We offer flexible schedules, flexible work locations, and a paid parental leave benefit.
- We provide a 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match.
The budgeted salary for this position is $123,200 to $145,600 (includes base + annual bonus). Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
This person can work remote, a hybrid schedule, or from one of our physical office locations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We’re unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Similar principal engagement manager jobs in boston ma
- principal engagement manager jobs jobs near me
- engagement manager jobs near me
- Engagement Manager at Nintex
- Engagement Manager - REMOTE at E source
- Engagement Manager at YWCA Boston
- Community Engagement Manager at Boston Public Schools-1
- Oliver Wyman - Private Capital Engagement Manager at Marsh and McLennan
- Director - Engagement at Northeastern University
- Engagement Manager at Standish Management