Remote - Project Controls Manager
The FootBridge Companies Remote
remote manager cost management manager team project cost cost control change management travel report earned value management estimating
March 17, 2023
The FootBridge Companies
Washington, Washington DC
Job Title: Project Controls Manager
Location: Remote with occasional travel to job sites
Pay Range: $120,000 - $150,000
Our client is a structural steel contractor providing steel erection and equipment installation services.
- Lead a team of individuals focused on all aspects of project and cost controls support activity spanning a variety of specialty industrial construction projects.
- Compile, analyze, and report project cost and schedule to the project team.
- Possess working experience with Cost Control, Earned Value Management, Budgets, Estimating, Change Management, Planning, Forecasting, Reporting Progress and Performance, and Project Funding.
- Provide support in the management of project budget and cost control functions including budgeting, scheduling, change management, estimating, tracking progress, forecasting, and earned value management
- Thorough understanding of project accounting and accrual collection
- Experience with Sage Timberline Suite of Products
- Develop Work Breakdown Structures
- Excellent computer skills within the Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Provide support to detailed schedule development based on project understanding from team members
- Establish project budget, baselines and report variances
- Provide support to track project progress and perform analysis of bottlenecks, trends and critical path
- Identify and communicate project risks and develop mitigation plans
- Prepare project status presentations, highlighting key accomplishments, risks and changes
- Develop custom projects reports as needed to facilitate project discussions
- Provide additional support as required/needed by the project manager(s) or project controls manager (including field project coordination and management of sub-projects)
- Willingness to travel and visit project sites
- Track project deliverable & monitor physical percent complete (tracking installed quantities)
- Plan / Actual / Earned / Forecast Curves
- Develop and adhere to Project Controls Plan.
- Provide project cost data and supporting documentation within the projects controls systems of record.
- Develop reports on actuals, variances, trends and re-forecast as necessary.
- Ensures proper Change management throughout the project phases.
- Develop and maintain detailed Cash flow and Commitment flow throughout the project phases.
- Review and validate contractual compliance of project invoices.
- Assist and support project controls specialist and project manager in financial project close-out.
- At the completion of the project, develop and ensure recording of the project's historical cost information and lessons learned for future use.
- Oversight of schedule development and maintenance in Primavera and Microsoft Project according to the WBS Guidelines.
- Develop customized schedule reports as per project needs ( two week look ahead, variance reports, progress reports , milestone reports as needed ).
- 10 years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience.
Report this job