Bilingual Medical Assistant
The Medical Assistant is responsible for performing administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a physician or APRN. Administrative duties may include but are not limited to scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, contacting clients and pharmacies. Clinical duties may include but are not limited to taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing clients for their appointment, completing drug screens, and refilling medications as directed by physician.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The omission of a function/duty does not preclude the agency from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Observe clients, charting and reporting changes in clients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Answer clients' calls and determine how to assist them related to medication issues.
- Triage external calls and requests regarding clients’ medications.
- Manage prescribers’ schedules, including rescheduling and following up with clients who do not attend their appointment.
- Measure and record clients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration.
- Work as part of a healthcare team to assess client needs, plan and modify care, and implement interventions.
- Assemble, use and maintain proper functioning of medical equipment
- Collect samples, such as urine, from clients, and perform routine laboratory tests on samples.
- Prepare clients for appointments and explain procedures as necessary.
- Properly sterilize equipment and supplies.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, faxing paperwork, sending and responding to emails in a timely manner.
- Help physicians and APRNs examine and treat clients as needed.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Provide coverage for Support Staff and other departments as needed.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and agency standards.
- Perform duties at satellite sites.
- Attend department and agency meetings and trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaboration Skills
- Client Focused Care
- Organizational Skills
- Verbal & Written Communication Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. In addition to but not limited to, medical equipment, such as scales and blood pressure machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and see. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school for Medical Assistants.
- Two years of experience working a in mental/behavioral health setting.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required
- Strong knowledge and experience working with an EMR, Microsoft programs, and other programs.
Premium Health Insurance Coverage
Employees have an option to elect one of our two premium plans. Employees are offered a plan with NO deductible. HBH pays 80% of the employee’s and their dependents’ premiums, where most other agencies pay 75% or lower. If an employee chooses to waive their health insurance coverage they will receive up to $2,000 per year.
Dental Insurance Coverage
Employees will receive free dental insurance coverage. Employees who have dependents will only pay $8.50 per month for dental coverage.
Substantial Paid Time Off
Eligible employees will receive 3 weeks of vacation time their first two years, and 4 weeks after two years. In addition, they will receive 5 personal days off, 12 sick days a year, and 10 paid holidays.
Flexible Work Schedule
HBH is open 6 days a week, and on most days until 7pm, allowing our employees flexibility with coordinating their work hours and schedules upon hiring.
Free Professional Development and Continuing Education Credits
HBH provides regular onsite and offsite training for professional development and career advancement. Additionally, HBH offers all employees free access to an online Learning Management system with over 400 courses to choose from for ongoing training and Continuing Education Credits.
HBH offers individual and group supervision on an ongoing basis.
National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment program is available to licensed Outpatient Clinicians. The NHSC pays up to $50,000 to approved employees working at either of HBH’s locations.
Eligible employees will receive a yearly incentive beginning at $150, and increasing in $50 increments every year after, up to 25 years.
Employee Assistance Program
HBH offers a free employee assistance program to assist employees with managing a wide variety of issues that may arise in their personal life. The program is comprehensive and confidential.
Retirement Savings Account – 403(b)
HBH automatically contributes 3% of an employee’s salary to their retirement plan. Employees can contribute on a pre-tax basis, reducing taxable income and increasing tax savings.
Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
Employees receive free life insurance, which is their salary plus $5,000. Short and Long-Term Disability are also free and available for eligible employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- JCAHO accredited facility
Per our vaccination policy all new hires need both COVID-19 vaccinations & influenza vaccination before the first day of hire unless you qualify for an exception. HBH requires mask wearing in high-traffic areas and social distancing.
- Spanish (Required)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Similar clinic assistant jobs in hartford ct
- clinic assistant jobs jobs near me
- bilingual medical assistant jobs near me
- Clinical Assistant Oncology at Hartford HealthCare at Home
- Medical Assistant Urgent Care Center at SoNE HEALTH
- Medical Assistant - OPD Specialty Community Clinics at Hartford HealthCare
- Medical Assistant at Actalent
- Medical Assistant at Collins Medical Associates 2, P.C
- Medical Assistant - Gyn Oncology at Hartford HealthCare
- Medical Assistant at SoNE HEALTH