E-Roadside Assistance Agent (French/Bilingual) REMOTE
E-Roadside Assistance Agent (French/Bilingual) REMOTE
French Bilingual Roadside Assistance Job Posting (Full Time or Part Time)
Do you enjoy helping people and providing solutions in real-time? Are you fluent in both French and English? If so, consider a position as a Bilingual Roadside Assistance Team Member. This full-time or part-time position is a great fit for someone looking for a second job, who may already have a set schedule during the week.
Roadside Assistance Team members assist customers who need help and certainty when their move does not go as planned. Team members will handle incoming customer calls, as well as initiating outbound calls, to customers, roadside assistance service providers and other personnel who will provide the support and expertise needed to get our customer back to their move.
Our customers safety is our number one priority and, as a team member, you will be expected to follow established methods and procedures. You will be expected to handle all files with calm urgency, professionalism and care while meeting all quality-related metrics and goals.
U-Haul offers its Roadside Assistance Team members:
- Education and work from home!
- Career paths available including work from home!
- Hourly base pay.
- Opportunity for base pay merit increases based on performance and acquired skillsets.
- Bilingual differential hourly base pay.
- Part-time benefits include Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan.
- Fluent in English and French Canadian talk and type, not European French.
- Intermediate keyboarding and computer skills.
- Active and Attentive listener.
- Ability to type while talking (40 WPM or higher is a plus).
- Ability to formulate sentences through written text.
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of U.S. and Canada geography.
- General knowledge of how to map a location using various programs or applications.
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance.
- Possess can-do-confidence.
Education and Development Explained:
- Self-motivated education at our very own U-Haul University.
- Self-motivated supplementary eLearning.
- Assist customers within the first week of employment.
- Customer interactions with instructors support during initial education.
- Skillset-driven continued education coordinated by your manager.
- Fast-paced, hands-on instruction with a set schedule.
- Education is provided in an English setting only.
Scheduling for the Business Need
- The total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business needs.
- We need coverage 24/7.
- We need you to work at least one weekend day. If you want to work both that s great!
- Working holidays are required. We are open and customers need our help.
A note about how we schedule: Availability to work that aligns with the business need may increase the opportunity to be scheduled more hours. We pride ourselves on working with you to make a schedule that works. However, if availability to work does not align with the needs of the business, the result may be less hours scheduled.
The following technical requirements must be met to work from home:
- Computer requirements and internet speed will be verified, if interviewed.
A wireless or USB headset with a microphone.
If wireless is determined to cause technical difficulty, a USB headset will be required.
Web cam for use during education and for interacting with your Manager (not for use with customers).
Minimum Internet speed requirements: 10MB down / 5MB up.
Check your Internet speed at speedtestcustom.com. Click dropdown menu below GO button and choose a Phoenix, AZ server.
Windows 10 OS is required.
Minimum RAM requirements: 8GB of RAM or greater.
Windows OS processor requirement: CPU (aka processor) score of 2000 or greater.
To find processor name - right click on Windows logo (lower left corner home screen) and select System .
Go to this website. Type name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).
The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU or processor score).
Should have the following Web Browsers installed: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge (Google Chrome is preferred).
A secure, Wi-Fi connection owned/managed by the team member is permitted but a hard-wired connection is preferred. NO public or open networks allowed. Complex password and strong encryption (WPA2 only) required. Default router admin password must be changed. If Wi-Fi is determined to cause technical difficulty, a hard-wired connection will be required.
Anti-Virus and (PCI) standards. Payment Card Industry (PCI) requires you install and use the Company provided anti-virus software and have no other anti-virus software installed/in use on your computer while conducting education or working.
Company programs must be installed on your computer as required to do business. Diagnostic information is collected related to PCI and technical requirements. No other information is collected. Download and installation of any Company program/software should always occur while clocked-in and being paid.
Technical difficulties associated with the team member computer or ISP such as malware, virus, hardware failure, CPU usage, ISP connectivity or speed, or unidentifiable cause are the responsibility of the team member to correct in a timely manner in order to continue employment.
The following is not permitted due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet or similar.
Using a Proxy server or third-party network.
Compute stick or similar device.
Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop.
Working in a public place or using public Internet.
Unsecure Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi not managed by the Team Member.
Running non-work-related programs while working.
Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided anti-virus.
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applications for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Since 1945, U-Haul has been serving do-it-yourself movers and their households. Like many other successful ventures, the concept for U-Haul was generated out of need. After World War II, there existed the widespread need for do-it-yourself moving equipment that would be available on a one-way, nationwide basis.
U-Haul co-founders L.S. "Sam" Shoen and his wife, Anna Mary Carty Shoen, recognized that need and acted upon it. Their visionary approach spread the cost of ownership among many users, facilitating the mobility of the populations of the U.S. and Canada. The covered wagon of the pioneers morphed into orange U-Haul trailers. In the process, an industry was born.
AMERCO and its family of companies, including U-Haul, have strived to create a culture of health and wellness. As of February 1, 2020, and consistent with applicable law, no AMERCO or U-Haul company will hire individuals in states where it may lawfully decline to hire individuals who use nicotine products (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia and Washington). This policy will not apply to team members hired before February 1, 2020.