***Several Opportunities Available***
Glass Lewis is the worlds choice for governance solutions. We enable institutional investors and publicly listed companies to make sustainable decisions based in research and data. We produce research on 25,000+ annual meetings of publicly traded companies each year, across approximately 100 global markets.
Our customers include the majority of the worlds largest pension plans, mutual funds, and asset managers, collectively managing over $40 trillion in assets. We have teams located across the United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific giving us global reach with a local perspective on the important governance issues.
Founded in 2003, Glass Lewis is headquartered in San Francisco with offices across the US, Europe and the APAC regions.
Members of our Proxy Paper research teams will analyze company filings and recent news events at U.S. and Canadian companies, summarize annual meeting proposals, and assist in providing voting recommendations to our clients some of which include the world's largest institutional investors. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about corporate structure and shareholder rights, to research publicly-traded companies, including their boards of directors and executives, and to work at the forefront of the emerging field of corporate governance. This will be a particularly valuable experience for those wishing to pursue careers or graduate study in business, law, public policy, or financial services, among others.
These are temporary, full-time, entry-level positions. These positions are eligible for a remote working arrangement in the following surrounding areas: Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Illinois, Florida, Arkansas, Tennessee & Georgia. Incoming associates will join one of four teams of research associates and will receive comprehensive training on our firm's methods and standards of research. We expect employment to start in mid-February, and all positions are expected to continue through late May or mid-June 2023, with the possibility of further extension. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Highly motivated candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
*ALL APPLICATIONS MUST HAVE A COVER LETTER*
We have multiple openings on the following teams:
US Governance Team
The North America Governance research team focuses on issues of general corporate governance, including boards of directors and shareholder rights. Members of this team will gain a broad understanding of SEC filings and corporate structure while analyzing issues pertaining to director elections, company bylaws and issuances of capital.
Executive Compensation Team
The executive compensation team analyzes the pay packages of the highest paid executives across thousands of publicly-listed companies in the US and Canada. We scrutinize the compensation of CEOs from Silicon Valley to Wall Street by looking both quantitatively at pay levels and qualitatively at pay program design, market best-practice features, and quality of disclosure. Our analysis and research-based recommendations regarding CEO pay packages contribute to the public discourse over high executive pay and other topics related to environmental, social and governance practices in the U.S. and Canada. This position will hone skills in holistic analysis, rapid data analysis and input and applying policy guidelines to a diverse range of cases.
Equity Compensation Team
Equity awards (e.g. stock and stock options) can be an integral part of pay not only for executives, but also the entire employee base of publicly traded companies. Equity binds the interests of company executives to the performance of the company, making their wealth grow or shrink with that of investors. Given the importance of equity for both recipients and investors alike, team members will analyze both the quantitative cost of implementing such plans, as well as the underlying legal terms of these equity plans. This position will hone skills in holistic analysis, rapid data analysis and input, navigating financial statements and examining legal documentation and terminology.
Environmental, Social and Governance Team
The Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research team analyzes and assists in making voting recommendations for shareholder proposals in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia and Japan. Team members will perform long-form qualitative written analysis of topical issues including climate change, board diversity, and human rights in order to provide clients with a solid analysis and understanding of proposals submitted to a vote at companies annual meetings.
- Procure, interpret, and review public filings to extract relevant data points
- Under full-time staff supervision, use data points to create the first draft of analysis
- Edit peers' work as necessary
- Communicate and collaborate with analysts to ensure reports are delivered on time
- Thorough, accurate, organized and productive
- Able to quickly synthesize new information and apply to unique scenarios
- Strong analytical research skills (emphasis on qualitative analysis)
- Able to work effectively under tight and overlapping deadlines
- Flexibility to navigate shifting priorities
- Desire to learn, with ability to receive and apply feedback
- Able to effectively communicate in a collaborative environment
- Genuine interest in areas of corporate law, economics, finance, public policy and governance is helpful
- Desire to work in a professional, fast-paced atmosphere with other bright people
- Bachelor's degree required
- English writing and editing skills
- Computer proficiency and typing skills
- Willingness to commit to one-month training program
Apply online at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs?clientkey=66CE509C8BF1814ECFCEA3A2B06BA4EB&jpt=
These are temporary, full-time, entry-level, non-exempt positions based in our Kansas City office. The compensation is $17.00 per hour. These positions are eligible for a remote working arrangement in the following surrounding areas: Missouri, Kansas, Colorado, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee & Georgia. Candidates must be eligible to work for any company in the U.S. We cannot provide assistance in obtaining work permits.
Glass Lewis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $17.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- To be considered for this opportunity, you must be located in one of the following states: AR, CO, FL, IL, KS, MO, GA & TN. What state are you located?
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Similar research assistant iii jobs in kansas
- research assistant iii jobs jobs near me
- research associate jobs near me
- Research Assistant - Full-time / Part-time at Kansas State University
- Research Assistant - Now Hiring at Kansas State University
- Research Assistant at Central Kentucky Research Associates
- Research Associate at Glass Lewis
- Research Assistant - Now Hiring at Kansas State University
- Research Assistant at Kansas State University
- Urgent Hire: Medical Research Assistants at Actalent