Virtual Emergency Medicine PA/NP (Mobile Integrated Care)
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are-in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we've made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you'll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
In this role, you will provide virtual urgent and emergent services to Cityblock members as part of our innovative care model. You will help us in meeting members where they are by providing Cityblock care to our members virtually, responding to inbound urgent care needs from members and their care teams, and triaging decisions to dispatch our mobile field team of allied health personnel to initiate blended virtual and in-home urgent care visits.
- You will work in a radically different model of healthcare
- Expect collaboration, shared-decision making, and partnership across clinical and non-clinical care team members, including our team of Virtual Community Health Partners, allied health personnel, and Member Services Center
- Partner with other members of the care team, providing physical health clinical support and collaborating closely with Nurses, Behavioral Health Specialists, and allied health personnel, among others
- Foster trusting relationships with individuals, their families and caregivers, and communities
- Go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day
- Oversee Mobile Integrated Care allied health personnel during home visits. You will virtually meet with patients, obtain an appropriate history, assist allied health personnel in a focused physical exam, order appropriate testing and treatment, and provide appropriate follow up with requesting and primary providers.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have at least 3 years of experience as an Emergency Medicine PA or NP in a high-volume emergency department or urgent care
- You are Board Certified Physician Assistant National Certification Exam or Nurse Practitioner
- You have a license to practice in one or more (preferably 2+) of the following states (MA, NC, NY, OH, IN) and are willing to obtain licenses in all other existing and future Cityblock markets; Cityblock will help in this ongoing process.
- Active DEA Controlled Substance Registration or eligible for application
- Maintenance of professional credentialing and CME standards
- You are passionate about the growing role innovative technology can play in improving access to care and care delivery
- You are passionate about tackling the issue of healthcare inequity
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model
- You have experience working within an interdisciplinary team
- You are comfortable working in a tech-heavy environment
- Our APP team is expected to see patients virtually for a total of 40 hours a week in 4x 10 hour shifts. Today those shifts are 8am-7pm with no overnights or weekends. But, we constantly evaluate our member needs and candidates should expect schedule flexibility (including taking some overnights and weekends) if we decide to adjust the model in the future.
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
We take into account an individual's qualifications, skillset, and experience in determining final salary. This role is eligible for: health insurance, life insurance, retirement benefits, participation in the company's equity program, paid time off, including vacation and sick leave. The expected salary range for this position is $101,331 to $123,710. The actual offer will be at the company's sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate's qualifications, years of experience, skillset, and geographic location.
Medical Clearance (for Member-Facing Roles):
You must complete Cityblock's medical clearance requirements, which include, but may not be limited to, evidence of immunity to MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella, and a TB screen, or have an approved medical or religious accommodation that precludes you from being vaccinated against these diseases.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.