Product Support Engineer II (Configuration Management)- Hybrid or Remote
Ever wonder who brings entertainment to your flights? Panasonic Avionics Corporation is #1 in the industry for delivering inflight products such as movies, games, WiFi, and now Bluetooth headphone connectivity!
How exciting would it be to be a part of the innovation that goes into creating technology that delights millions of people in an industry that’s here to stay! With our company’s history spanning over 40 years, you will have stability, and career growth opportunities, and will work with the brightest minds in the industry. And we are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that will help our organization thrive! We seek diversity in many areas such as background, culture, gender, ways of thinking, and skills.
If you want to learn more about us visit us at www.panasonic.aero. And for a full listing of open job opportunities go to www.panasonic.aero/join-us/.
The Product Support Engineer (Configuration Management Support) will be responsible for configuration & data management as well as leading systemic and/or escalated problems to resolution and enabling support of our Inflight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFEC) products in the field. PSE addresses and drives in-service product and customer problems to closure, and ensures the field consistently has the best technical/operational practices available.
As an experienced technical resource, the focus will be on managing IFEC software configurations for various airline operators including monitoring system performance and providing technical support as issues arise. Together with Engineering, Program Management, and Operations departments, PSE will work to mitigate risk and ensure successful deployment as configuration changes are required. PSE will be accountable for communicating operational procedures both internally/externally and recommending process and system enhancements.
The salary or hourly wage range of $59,000 – $100,000 is just one component of Panasonic’s total package. The final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to an individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this role may be eligible for discretionary bonuses and incentives. The minimum hourly wage for this role will be the greater of the posted range, or minimum wage for the location where the employee will be working, subject to local minimum wage requirements.
In-Service Problem Support
•Monitor customer Fleet Configuration to ensure appropriate software and content is loaded.
• Proactively review global install base performance as well as individual customer configurations and issues to identify trends, product performance opportunities and coordinate effective actions to drive both individual aircraft, customer, and global install base performance.
• Perform on-wing or remote Ad Hoc technical support for any non-contracted need.
• Serve as an experienced technical resource and escalation point for moderate problem investigation, and resolution between field stakeholders, OCC, CPC, Engineering, and Product Management teams.
• Carry out investigations, and create detailed action plans for all escalated issues, in order to improve overall IFEC performance and drive issues to resolution.
• Review appropriate monitoring/analysis tools, and determine theories based on these tools to assist in problem investigation.
• Investigate systemic/single aircraft problems, following through to resolution, including Engineering escalation as required.
• Create and replicate in-service use cases on in-house racks to replicate in-service failures. Based on those results, determine workarounds that may be used until a permanent fix is established.
• Provide regular updates through an appropriate ticketing system to keep stakeholders informed.
• Collaborate with Software & Hardware Engineering teams when required for issue resolution.
• Liaise with Engineering groups to ensure that team actions are consistent with technical product developments and company processes; revise/create PSE work instructions and other process documents as required.
• Develop and maintain technical documentation (SIL, TIL, Service Bulletin, advisory emails, etc.) in support of airline operations.
• Manage assigned projects by developing actions and a schedule for completion.
• Manage and suggest tools and processes to assist maintenance.
• Provide technical training and input to training/field organizations as required.
What we’re looking for:
• Associate's Degree/equivalent educational qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics, Engineering or related degree; or 5 years engineering experience in Information Technology, electronics/avionics systems, software or broadcast technology may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• A&P, FCC, or other regulatory certifications a plus.
• 2+ years of experience in aircraft maintenance or technical field support role, preferably in avionics.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action, and suggest changes based on new inputs.
• Demonstrates extensive knowledge of global civil aviation regulations and requirements.
• Good written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey and present information amongst internal PAC departments.
• Technical knowledge of In-Flight Entertainment systems and/or avionics.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Troubleshooting skills and analytical skills, with a software emphasis (Linux preferred).
• Self-driven and a high degree of initiative.
•• 10% Travel Required
Contribution to Society | Fairness & Honesty | Cooperation & Team Spirit | Untiring Effort for Improvement | Courtesy & Humility | Adaptability | Gratitude
What we offer:
At Panasonic Avionics Corporation we realize the most important aspect of leading our industry is the bright minds behind everything we do. We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive, comprehensive, and flexible benefits program.
We offer flexible remote work options depending on your role. Where possible, we offer fully remote or hybrid work opportunities.
Paid time off: Exempt Salaried employees receives unlimited PTO. This means that there is no fixed number, range, or limit to the amount of Personal and Vacation Days that may be taken for exempt employees. Non-exempt hourly employees accrue 14 vacation days per year + 7 sick days + 3 personal days. Accrual rate increases with tenure. All employees receive 11 company paid holidays per year. We also close our offices at the corporate level in the U.S. between Christmas and New Year. For operational positions that are expected to work on holidays, we provide additional compensation for hours worked.
Health Insurance: Medical insurance offerings from Aetna and Kaiser (CA &HI). Options for Employee Only, Employee + Spouse/Domestic Partner, Employee + Children, or Family. Dental PPO and DMO options & Vision insurance through EyeMed or VSP.
401K with 50% match on up to 8% contribution, full vested from day 1
Other offerings include: Wellness Program, Counseling services, FSA & HSA, Life Insurance for employee, spouse and child, AD&D Insurance, Long-term and Short-term disability, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Legal Assistance, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Dependent Care FLSA, Education Assistance, Commuter Program, Employee Purchase Program, Service Award Program.
All applicants are subject to Company policies, third party customer and worksite requirements, and government requirements, regarding vaccination and/or testing for COVID-19. Where permitted by applicable law, applicants may be required to be fully vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment,unless they are eligible for and obtain an exemption based on areasonable accommodationbecause of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. While the Company strongly encourages COVID-19 vaccinations, it may require vaccination and/or testing for positions in which third party customer, worksite, or government requirements apply, in accordance with applicable law. At those locations where requirements apply, exemptions will be considered based on applicable law.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Avionics Corporation.